cost /recommendations dever springs 2006 tacoma

vtarider

Hello,
I have a 2006 Tacoma dbl cab 2wd long bed with camper shell.
I put bilsteins 5100 shocks on front and back I put the fronts on the middle setting,I think its considered 1.5"
Looking to tow a lite trailer tent or hybrid.Well I had no idea how bad the rear end sucks
it bottoms out on the railroad tracks with no load in the rear !
I was wondering if someone could give me advice/cost on fixing it without breaking the bank.
Thank you for your time in advance

Dave

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I'll be following this as I have hear Deaver springs are very good. It is far too late for you to get the TSB for the rear leaf pack from Toyota but it really isn't anything to write home about. I have it and at full load can and do bottom out at times on the trail.

vtarider

I'd love to hear from anyone else,it doesn't have to be Deaver springs.I just want to remedy the problem so i can tow a little weight.Otherwise I might as well go back to a full size truck .
Any input would be wonderful.
Thanks Dave

sargeek

Adventurer
Like to follow the thread

I also have a 2006 Tacoma TRD Sport Long Bed - and I regularly two a 20' Bantam Lite Hybrid Trailer. According to the books the Tacoma can pull 6,500# - the maximum trailer weigh is 4,800 so it appears to be a good fit.

The trailer is new, and I have only pulled it a couple times on the road, but the performance of the Tacoma was flawless. I was able to pull Floyd Hill on I-70 at 55 mph and it went over Berthoud Pass with out a problem. The send trip was a quick run down I-25 to the New Mexico boarder. Again the Tacoma performed flawlessly towing at 70-75mph with the a/c on, in 95-100 heat, and the truck still had some reserve power, and the temprature guage did not move

With the trailer hitched - I do have some rear sag. Trying to figure out the best approch to resolve. The best solution would be a weight distribution hitch. However, I would eventually like to put a ARB suspension on it, but I will cosider other options. I may conider air bags as another temporary solution. Due to the trailer weight, I am forced to remain with OEM sized tires or equivelant.

Very intterested in your solutions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger