Costco: inexpensive down quilts

HamiltonEOD

I own a few, they're great to keep in the back of the truck and are surprisingly warm for their weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSG

Explorer
We now have three of these (I paid $20 each in the warehouse). Fabulous as a home quilt, lightweight blanket, and in the rig for extra warmth.

Honu

lost on the mainland
they have been huge in the hammock forums :)

we have about 5 of them great bang for buck

GregSplett

Adventurer
My wife got one for Christmas and did not like how slippery it was.They do not stay on your shoulders for sure.It became an underquilt.

JLee

Adventurer
Can these be kept in the stuff sack for long periods of time and still fluff appropriately when they are removed?

Honu

lost on the mainland
Can these be kept in the stuff sack for long periods of time and still fluff appropriately when they are removed?

I would say no since its down
get a decent cotton storage bag with draw string such as one for laundry and keep them in it :) or for a single a pillow case would be fine to :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
My wife got one for Christmas and did not like how slippery it was.They do not stay on your shoulders for sure.It became an underquilt.

yeah they are slippery
I cant sew yet but did the snaps thing on it to make a foot box instead of draw string and happy with it so far and stays on just fine now :)

nice light weight I use mine every night :)

TwinStick

Explorer
I have had a few down products over the years. Jackets, pillows, comforter. They all ended up with the little feathers poking through the material in kinda short order. Are these any different ? Or was my "down", not really down at all ?

Honu

lost on the mainland
I have had a few down products over the years. Jackets, pillows, comforter. They all ended up with the little feathers poking through the material in kinda short order. Are these any different ? Or was my "down", not really down at all ?

I kinda think it was not good down OR they did not use proper material in the shell
I have some high end quilts for hammocks and they never leak down in any amount maybe once in a while one tiny piece but rare for me
these I have again I use one nightly and I might see a piece once in a while but not all the time they have been really good for me ? they are decent for the price but not like WOW :)

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
I picked up about 10 of these to give out at Xmas when they were on sale for $20. I kept a couple of them for around the house, and keep one in my car in the stuff sack. Keeping it in the stuff sack probably isn't great for longevity, but I'm willing to make the tradeoff in order to keep it packed small. Sam's club also sold a similar Eddie Bauer brand down throw for the same price.

Cheaper quality down usually have feathers mixed in with it. That's probably what you were seeing. The higher quality the down, the better the sorting, and the less feathers you get. With higher quality down you will get very little, if any, leakage through the fabric. I haven't noticed any feathers poking out from these blankets since I've had them.

eaneumann

Adventurer
I have a few of these, very nice for the money. If they get ruined, lost or stolen, it's no worries. Very slippery, but the material is very comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears