Cover for full-size truck WITH attached flatbed pop-up camper

Looking for a solution for protecting my rig from the elements while stored in my driveway. (The camper will remain mounted to the flatbed on the truck.)

My setup is similar to F350 with 4WC “Hawk” flatbed camper (or F350 with OEV “Hudson Bay” flatbed camper). The truck/camper combo is about 9’2” tall and roughly 22’ long.

One idea is something like this:

https://www.empirecovers.com/search/class-b-rv-covers/rvb-xl

Another idea is a car canopy, though I’m not crazy about stuffing one of these into my limited driveway space:

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Storage...rage-Car-Storage-Car-Canopies/N-5yc1vZ2fkomjl

Would love to hear ideas/thoughts.

Thanks!

1stDeuce

Explorer
I should think a cover for a class C motor home would work quite well... Empire has a cover for a 21-24' class c... Probably a good place to start... They have truck camper covers too... Wonder if you could put that on with the camper on the truck...

Jackem

For my 3/4 ton truck and Hallmark popup camper, which is 21 feet long, I use a class be cover. It's made or Sprinter vans but works great for my setup.

dstefan

Last year I got a custom cover from Adco/Covercraft to go with the Covercraft pick-up truck cover I already had. Adco seems to be the RV side of Covercraft. Just put it on today for the first time as we were using the camper enough last summer that it didn't seem worth the effort to put it on and off a bunch. I'll be taking it right back off for a trip soon, but had to try it for fit. Maybe 10 to 15 mins to put on, and guessing a little longer to take off and stow.

It took a long time to make, but they nailed it. It's Sunbrella fabric and the quality of the whole thing seems exceptional and a lot better than the off the shelf pick-up cover from Covercraft I'm using on the truck cab.

I can provide more details/contact info if anyone is interested -- the custom guy at Adco was great to work with. FWIW, they keep a library of their custom work and now that they have the dimensions for mine, should make it easier/quicker. I'd bet a cover made to these same dimensions would fit any Ovrlnd camper on a 6.5' full size bed, but the dimensions can be adjusted. IIRC, the cost was around $380 but that was the fall of '21 when I ordered it. Took 'em 6 months at the height of the pandemic and supply/labor shortages.

View attachment 773953
The straps across the back are the only two showing, but there's 7 total -- two under the cabover (which also has a HD elastic edge in the front underneath), two in front of the rear wheels and behind the rear wheels plus the two in the back. All the attachment points for the straps are reinforced with heavy canvas/vinyl and have grommet holes as well, and the straps are quick connect buckles.
View attachment 773954
There's two zippers up the sides in the back with straps and velcro to roll it up on the roof to allow easy rear door access with the cover on.
View attachment 773955
Here’s what I did. The custom cover guy at Adco/Covercraft was good to work with. plopez@covercraft.com

Edit: I like the two cover combo too — much easier to get in and out of the truck cab when needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179