Craigslist Trailer's-opinions

Hey guys,

I'm just starting to jump into a VERY LONG term trailer build. I found this one about 45 minutes from me. Thought it might make a decent base for my future plans. Any thoughts? It's still available and will be checking it out tomorrow...hopefully.

Opinions very welcome!
http://hartford.craigslist.org/for/1323691094.html

3m23pe3l15Qd5P35R498e8bd402aa317416.jpg

3n73p33l75Oa5Q65P298eb7579aa91afe1f.jpg

There is also this one. No email to contact him at, so I plan to call tomorrow,

This one speaks for itself.
http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/1308519231.html

Last edited:

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
I would go for the 2nd one. It already has the box, which would save you from having to build one. Depending on its shape, you could pull the box off, clean, prime and paint the frame, repack the bearings and use it. $500 is a pretty good price too.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Funny...I saw that last night and thought: Nice strong platform...but no length past the rear wheels( I'm looking for a new build platform also), but the axle needs to be in the middle of what I'm looking to build, and I 'm probably still going to start from scratch. I think I likes the jacks on all 4 corners best.

If your ready to weld some length to the frame I think it would be a great start.

good luck, Pat

$500 is a pretty good price too.

My first thoughts and with money tight due to recent wifes surgery and other stuff I thought this was a good deal, especially since things like this are few and far between right now. I'm game for anything that will help us to get out more...we need it!

It would also be nice to have something to work on to keep me focused. A trailer build seems like the ticket.

Last edited:
Funny...I saw that last night and thought: Nice strong platform...but no length past the rear wheels( I'm looking for a new build platform also), but the axle needs to be in the middle of what I'm looking to build, and I 'm probably still going to start from scratch. I think I likes the jacks on all 4 corners best.

If your ready to weld some length to the frame I think it would be a great start.

good luck, Pat

I just checked out your build...man that is intense.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Thank you Sir..is for sale btw

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29019 I've dropped it to $3,200.00 also

If you weld and are pretty handy...see if you can talk the gentleman down a bit, and go from there. That looks pretty serious as far as springs and frame..plus it already has a brake axle. What's your build going to be?..real off road or just once and awhile?

I think it's at least worth going to see if it's not to far..I bet you would be impressed with the quality.

Sorry to hear about the surgery..hope it all works out!

Pat

Last edited:

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
Yeah, that's the nice thing about that one. It looks like it would take minimal work (if any) before you could actually start using it. Then you can figure out what you want to do with it.

My first thoughts and with money tight due to recent wifes surgery and other stuff I thought this was a good deal, especially since things like this are few and far between right now. I'm game for anything that will help us to get out more...we need it!

It would also be nice to have something to work on to keep me focused. A trailer build seems like the ticket.

Cruiser

Adventurer
just a fyi,, that 416 is the one with surge brakes,, they have a slightly heavier duty frame and the axle they used has the modern sized bearings,, meaning these are the ones that you can swap out hubs.. It should have a big inner and smaller outter bearing similar to what is used on most 3500# axles.. or it looks that way from the little picture..

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I'd get that first one it has a strudy frame, the brakes, wheel pattern, fenders adn everything to make a easy transition to a expo trailer. I'm converting my Jeep to 6 lugs so it'd be even better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman