Creaking noise after off roading.

Lambretta

It started to make the creaking noise after my off road adventure. It happens at slow speeds when stopping or turning. Its it the torsion bars? Has this happen to any of you and what did you do to fix it. I have tried lubing all my joints but still makes a noise. :confused:

G_fresh

Adventurer
I had a similar noise with my 80-series. It turned out to be a loose bolt on one of the control arms that allowed the poly bushing to creak. I tightened up the bolt and no more noise.

Just an idea for you... Good Luck!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Try lubing all your zirk fittings in your front suspension.

I don't recall if there's a gen 2.5 FSM on mitsubishi links dot com but I know for sure there's an FSM for the gen 2 and within that, a reference diagram with all the zirk fittings (Likely the same for gen 2 and 2.5)

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Same here with my gen1... mine creaks when I make a full left on an incline.

My '89 did this, it was the stop bolt for the steering. It was been a long time, there was a rubber boot over it that always fell off, so I just sprayed it with white lith. grease. Always solved it. Look behind the tire for a bolt with a smooth head that had a flat surface in front of it for it to act a stop.... again it's been a long time since I had mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman