Crested Butte, Colorado - Summer and Fall Tour 2023

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Another mountain biking trip/adventure to Crested Butte, Colorado in August and October of this year to bike the 401 trail and to check out the Devils Punchbowl. Trails that have been on my radar to visit for a number of years.

Augusts portion of the trip was to wrap up my 2 weeks of summer vacation that I've been taking for the past number of years and Octobers trip was to check out Devils Punchbowl and to see the fall colors.

August - the wildflowers during this time were amazing.

View once you get out of the trees on the 401 trail.

View of the valley and the trail.

Had a smile on my face riding though the flowers along the trail.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
October - Devils Punchbowl and back to the 401 trail.

Road down the Devils Punchbowl - up till a couple of years ago I would've driven this solo but given that I've been mountain biking and hiking more than late I decided biking it would be a better option. Had I been with a group I would've driven it since my confidence on hard off-road trails is slightly lacking at the moment.

Last edited:

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
After some hike a bike back up the road I was back on the 401 trail.

Mountain bikers on the trail.

View from where I parked.

Final view as I was leaving the area.

Both trips to this area where great and I'm looking forward to going back and exploring the area some more.

sam-aye-am

Great pics.

Do you already live at high altitude? I’ve had 401 on my list for a long time….and then I look at the altitude and but on the back burner until I can spend a couple weeks at high altitude prior to. Live and have lived near sea level for most of my nearly 50 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Great pics.

Do you already live at high altitude? I’ve had 401 on my list for a long time….and then I look at the altitude and but on the back burner until I can spend a couple weeks at high altitude prior to. Live and have lived near sea level for most of my nearly 50 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around 4600'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior