Cricket Camper Trailers

bob91yj

Resident **************
^^^^That looks like a pretty cool deal. I'll remember you guys when I need more room than my slide in camper will provide! Tested them in the wind yet? I'll volunteer for some foul weather testing at Ocotillo Wells, Gordon's Well or Johnson Valley (howls up there all the time!)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
If the bed were longer I'd probably want one.
But at 76" it's just too dang short. It's for Hobbits.

T>D>C

Update from Actual Users?

Any actual users of the Cricket? How do they hold up in the field? Any leaking or other issues?

Thanks,

T>D>C

clcoyle

Explorer
Cricket’s coming to California!

http://www.crickettrailer.com/index.html

Our founder, Garrett Finney, is touring with a brand new Cricket this June. We are offering group showings at the scheduled times below, as well as by appointment on a first-come, first-serve basis-- please contact us! Built for dirt road travel and comfortable camping, Cricket starts at $16,750.

Sat, June 15 - San Diego, 10am-noon
Little Guy Trailers
8148 Ronson Rd. Suite 'A'
San Diego, CA 92111

Sun, June 16 - Irvine, 10am-2pm
Orange County Farmers Market
The Great Park in Irvine, Marine Way off Sand Canyon

Sun, June 16 - Redondo Beach, 4:30pm-7pm
Parking Lot of Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center
1935 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Redondo Beach, CA

Mon, June 17 - Los Angeles/Santa Barbara
Tues, June 18 - Central California
Wed, June 19 - San Jose/South Bay

Thurs, June 20 - Gilroy, 9am-11am
Toscano RV
8595 Monterey Road
Gilroy, CA 95020

Fri, June 21 - San Francisco
Sat, June 22 - East Bay
Sun, Jun 23 - Sacramento

We hope to meet you soon! If we miss you this time, please let us know about your interest and we'll let you know next time we're in your area

JAvendan

Observer
My buddy, Scott, and I visited and saw the Cricket.

Looks good and has some nice amenities.

I don't own a trailer or popup and are currently tent camping.

I have a 4th gen Subaru Outback and it was nice to see that the current tow vehicle for this demo unit is a 3rd gen Subaru Outback.

Price is a bit high for me, unfortunately.

Joel

Cricket’s coming to California!

http://www.crickettrailer.com/index.html

Our founder, Garrett Finney, is touring with a brand new Cricket this June. We are offering group showings at the scheduled times below, as well as by appointment on a first-come, first-serve basis-- please contact us! Built for dirt road travel and comfortable camping, Cricket starts at $16,750.

Sat, June 15 - San Diego, 10am-noon
Little Guy Trailers
8148 Ronson Rd. Suite 'A'
San Diego, CA 92111

Sun, June 16 - Irvine, 10am-2pm
Orange County Farmers Market
The Great Park in Irvine, Marine Way off Sand Canyon

Sun, June 16 - Redondo Beach, 4:30pm-7pm
Parking Lot of Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center
1935 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Redondo Beach, CA

Mon, June 17 - Los Angeles/Santa Barbara
Tues, June 18 - Central California
Wed, June 19 - San Jose/South Bay

Thurs, June 20 - Gilroy, 9am-11am
Toscano RV
8595 Monterey Road
Gilroy, CA 95020

Fri, June 21 - San Francisco
Sat, June 22 - East Bay
Sun, Jun 23 - Sacramento

We hope to meet you soon! If we miss you this time, please let us know about your interest and we'll let you know next time we're in your area

You should keep driving North to the WA Overland Rally!

http://expeditionportal.com/overlandrallies/

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Wonder if he's still thinking about intro-ing an off-road focussed Cricket as he mentioned some time ago?

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
My guess if they do, it will go up drastically. It is one thing for on road and fire road level, but most of us beat the living crap out of these things. Rivets twisting on rocks come apart. I used to build a fiberglass trailer with rivets around the nose cone and read door area. They were great for highway use, but had some going to the desert for Baja race support. Not such a good deal. We were continuously resealing them. Strong enough, but the twist would pop the silicone seal. Tried a large rubber grommet type thing and it just rubbed through it.

Bob

clcoyle

Explorer
It was a pleasure meeting Garrett today and talking about the Cricket, it's design history and the engineering behind the build as well as how his Architecture career and NASA experience helped inform this trailer.

If you get a chance I highly recommend checking-out this trailer.

CA_06161316190444-XL.jpg

Last edited:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Just got off the phone with my buddy in the bay area. He is interested in the Cricket as a possible camper. I just missed the chance to see these in person down here. He's gonna check them out up north this coming weekend. I'm bummed I could have checked it out this weekend. Is the tent fabric weatherproof? Chris you should have called me. I would have been able to show you the Oxcart too!

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
I keep trying to like these trailers, but I just can't.
It would be great if some ExPo member could get to see one and post about it.
All of the reviews are from people that don't seem to know the first thing about camping.

So many questions - like:
I can't imagine taking a shower in a space that looks to be about 24" x 24" - how do you do that?
What happens to the bottom flaps of the canvas when you fold the roof down?
How does the door stay open in the breeze? Is there a bug screen for it?
It looks to be as aerodynamic as the lunar module - is it as bad as it looks?
They talk about how you can use plastic bins to store stuff under the seats, but you don't seem to get the plastic bins for your $18k.
No awning options?
Plus, it looks like high-tech aluminum composite skins sitting on a steel trailer base - can't find anything in the lit about it.
Actually, I can't find much in the way of specs at all.

I want to like it - I really want to like it, but for $18k I could have a pretty fantastic trailer custom built...

Has anyone actually seen one?

Cheers,
Mark

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
GroupSe7en apparently you missed the posts by clcoyle. I'm pretty sure he knows a thing or two about camping and maybe even some stuff about engineering/design/architecture.
The cricket was designed primarily at the car camper, most likely the Subie owners. They are working on a true off-road version. Why don't you email them your questions and then post the answers for us all to read.
TIY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78