Custom Cabin Filter

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
If you have RAM truck from 2010-2018, I'd recommend this: https://www.genosgarage.com/product/cff-dg-19009k/interior-replacement-parts

This simple item removed all of the diesel and other smells from the air in my truck. The fan does work a little harder, but the truck stays pretty dust free. I bought a few extra replacement filters as well and I've replaced them once in 12k miles or so.

Ive seen similar for this truck, but its a big no-go for winter travel.
A but of moisture and freeze, and you will have zero airflow to the air box.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Actually, Im not.

Here is another photo for ya ;)

52629756001_2ca176c415_b.jpg

You've also been blocked BTW. Silly Troll.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Gents - I'm respectfully asking that you abide by the terms of use you agreed to when you signed up to participate. The rules of this community is to use a gentlemanly decorum and to not insult or attack other members. Seems that hasn't been the spirit of this post. Thanks for course correcting.

Explorerinil

Observer
If you have RAM truck from 2010-2018, I'd recommend this: https://www.genosgarage.com/product/cff-dg-19009k/interior-replacement-parts

This simple item removed all of the diesel and other smells from the air in my truck. The fan does work a little harder, but the truck stays pretty dust free. I bought a few extra replacement filters as well and I've replaced them once in 12k miles or so.
Sorry but this was the one I was thinking of in my earlier post, only for ram. Do earlier gen ford trucks not have that area to cut out?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Far as I know, previous generations had much of the wiper cowl open to the tray below it. And I am aware of the airbox mod for previous generations, that involves cutting into the hvac/air box unit from under the dash, behind the glove box. But as far as I can tell, its not applicable to this generation (2011-2016) Superduty. At least I have never found reference to it yet…

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Got it tossed back together today. :cool:

Super happy to have this project done and out of the way. Its one Ive been meaning to do.
And Im happy enough with the looks. It will certainly be a conversation starter... as if the custom camper setup isnt enough already :rolleyes:
The fuel door I used came finished in white. Ill run it for now, but will likely color match it to the truck white.

But it checks ll the boxes. True hepa filtration, easy access, and doesnt look terrible.

52639241716_b6cffdbfaf_b.jpg

52638724022_84e81ce982_b.jpg

52638723997_fa63482c52_b.jpg

52639495944_18e0550075_b.jpg

52639241626_5359be0caf_b.jpg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Figure its about time for an update.

Short end of it.... this rocks.
Single downside is that there is an obvious restriction of airflow, and reduced flow, when drawing from the cowl, which is now filtered... so no surprise really.
So up until the last month or so using the defrost first thing in the morning the decreased flow was obvious, as the truck defaults to outside air.
No biggy. Just hit the recirc and good to go.

But the filtration is simply fantastic.

If anyone is familiar with the foul odor of the Lewiston/Clarkston area south of us here in Moscow, Idaho....
This filter works well enough you cannot, and I mean cannot smell that lovely valley smell,
that is, until you stop the truck and open the door at the gas pump :ROFLMAO:

So Im totally happy with it.
Now I just need to watch the mileage as to how often I should change the filters out, or just plan on it every 6 months or so as they are so cheap.

Kingsize24

Like this a ton. Makes me wonder if with a boost a pump to up the voltage, if you would gain back your flow rate, and still have the hepa quality filtration. Generally those fans are 12-24v motors. So it would be fine with extra voltage.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Here's something I "copied" "sorta" back in the day, all you need is a fan, valve, some tubing, a bucket you can seal or a big jar and water. Live near a paper mill and you'll get creative.

Air is pulled in by a fan, blowing out of the cabin producing a low pressure, a tube connected at the top of the jar sucks in water vapor or air below the lid but above the water line. An inlet has a valve on the lid sucking in the bad air outside and a hose goes to the bottom of the water container. The air then bubbles up through the water that traps all heavier contaminates, like pollen, tear gas or bio attacks.

https://www.epa.gov/environmental-topics

That was sold back around 1970 as a gas saver by mixing alcohol mixtures in the water to inject in an engine (WWII planes used the same tech for additional power) all of this being before Nitros.

skrypj

This is great, ive wanted to do something like this on my 2014 F150, which was the last year F150’s came without a cabin filter. When I pulled my dash apart a couple months back to install a Sync 3 setup, all my vents were lined with dust from the desert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman