Custom camper windows

ripperj

Explorer
There are lots of online options for custom rv windows. I am considering new aluminum framed , double pane, sliding windows for my Alaskan build. Anyone have a recommendation? I'm a little nervous about sending off big bucks and ending up with cheap junk. I was planning on using the original aluminum hehrs for the main windows, as they are real glass, and pretty well built, but I need to order some custom sizes for the rest of the camper and would like them all to match.
Thanks

Gatsma

Adventurer
Have you checked with what Hehr has nowdays? You might be able to match, appearance-wise, while getting the double-paned sliders you want. Check-em out!

ScottReb

Adventurer
Give Bryan at Alaskan. When I had mine built he was able to get dual panes. I believe as Gatsma said Hehr might be the option.

dlh62c

Explorer
I concur on the Motion Windows. The only complaint I have is on their lead time in making them. It takes around 6 weeks.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Have you considered tilt out rather than sliders. Much better if you want ventilation in a mild rain. I don't know the brand but some higher end RVs use these "European style" with built in shades and screens that roll up/down for many options.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Im using Hehr tipouts. Fantastic windows.

Dual pain, insulated, frameless, tip-out, tinted, screened.... couldnt ask for more!

I scored 5 of them off of ebay. Brand new, for less than $100 per window.

chassis238.jpg

ripperj

Explorer
Those tip outs like shown above were what I originally wanted , but I saw a post somewhere where several people said they were too fragile, the screens were breaking, and the part that holds the windows out breaks. I will have to search for the thread.

doug720

Expedition Leader
I can't comment on the tip outs noted above, but we have tip outs in our class A motor home and they have worked great for 10 years.

Our MH was made by Winnebago, when it was ordered we spec'd tip outs in several areas. I'm not sure if they are in-house windows or not, but we have had no problems with ours.

All styles have good and bad points, tip outs limit air flow, but are good for wet conditions and are a little more secure when left open due the opening size only.

Terex

Adventurer
I have Hehr on my VMI Offroad. They tip up to a horizontal position, and are controlled by a string to allow positioning anywhere between horizontal and closed. They have custom roll up screens and covers. They work quite well. Tip outs have 2x airflow as compared to sliders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman