Custom Hard-Sided Wedge Camper for 2nd Gen Tacoma (6ft bed)

scallywagle

Hello all!

Sadly, I need to part ways with my home built, hard-sided wedge camper. With my graduate program starting, I don’t foresee much free time to use it and tuition/bills take precedence. The camper was a labor of love that took me about 6 months to complete with countless hours of blood, sweat and tears put into the project. It has been a comfortable and dependable shelter for me and my dogs on tons of adventures this summer and I’m bummed at the thought of selling it. But I also know it’ll be a rad addition to someone else’s travels!

The camper was made for my 2014 Tacoma AC and will fit any 2nd gen 6ft bed. Unlike most wedge campers, my design incorporates hard sided wedge walls, providing better protection from the elements, improved insulation and an overall greater sense of security. The construction is primarily 2” thick EPS foam and fiberglass composite panels secured to a wooden frame. The outside is coated in 3 layers of marine topside paint. I don’t have an accurate weight for it but my best guess is somewhere around 300lbs. It’s secured to the truck using regular truck cap clamps.

Features:
  • 2 baggage hatch doors w/ keyed locks
  • 2 sliding camper windows w/ screens
  • Plexiglass rear hatch window w/ 2 keyed T-handles on hydraulic struts
  • Sliding window that creates pass-through to truck cab
  • Large, hinged plexiglass window on rear wedge wall
  • Custom blackout curtains w/ Velcro
  • 2 - 150 lb gas struts to assist lifting the wedge
  • Sleeping platform (7.5’L x 5’ W) with removeable panel
  • Tallest standing height is more than 7’
  • Twin foam mattress included (if you want it)
I feel that it’s important to stress that this build is by no means commercial quality. While I tried my hardest to make it as clean, precise, strong and durable as possible, it’s still a home-built camper and as such has its share of quirks and blemishes. I want to be as transparent as possible about that so you don’t have any misconceptions. It’s ready to be used and enjoyed as-is but I think the purchaser should have some basic tool/building skills to be able to address any potential future issues and/or improve upon the design/aesthetic.

I’m more than happy to answer any questions you have and/or provide more photos. Asking $5000 but open to reasonable offers. I am located in Albuquerque, NM. I really want the new owner to enjoy this camper as much as I have!

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 118
  • Camper Frame.pdf
    617.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0193.jpeg
    IMG_0193.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106