Custom made box for camping trailer (55" x 52")

myers

****Doors actually fold down so they could be used as tables. Picture makes it look like it folds up and I'm not smart enough to figure out how to rotate the image.

Made this box for our camping trailer and I am now building another one (box not trailer) that will fit our needs better so I am selling this one. I have this mounted to an old trailer that was made for a single seadoo and it works great.

Box measures 55 1/2" long 52 1/4" wide
Door openings are 49 1/2" wide 22 3/4" tall.
Overall box is 29" tall (I think, forgot to measure that)

Doors are made of 11 gauge 1x2 rect tubing and are very stout. I made them with the intention of being able to cook on them or whatever. Both sides fold down.

Box is made of 14 gauge 1 1/2 x 3 rect tubing.

Box is skinned with aluminum and is attached to box with Napa 4223 seam sealer and screws. Doors have a compression seal and rubber on them. This box does not leak in heavy rain storms at highway speeds or sitting at a came site. I have never gone through deep water crossings with it so can't comment on leaking with that.

The aluminum will have some holes in it from me removing the attached plexiglass that has stickers on it. The holes could easily be covered so they don't leak though.

The box has holes in the 4 corners from where it is attached to my trailer but those could be covered easily as well.

I know, I know, the pictures suck. I was in a hurry when I was at my storage facility where I keep the trailer and didn't have time to empty it or drag it out for better pics. If someone is interested and wants more pics I will be happy to get it out and take some.

Asking $600 OBO for box only, entire trailer not for sale.
Located in Tulsa, Ok.

I will be traveling to Denver area March 11-15th. I can throw it in the bed of my Tundra and bring it with me if someone in the area wants it.

Attachments

• IMG_3049.jpg
    IMG_3049.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3047.jpg
    IMG_3047.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 67

Forum statistics

Threads