Custom shades for windshield and front windows?

Village Idiot
Does anyone use custom cut window shades? I found a couple on Amazon, but didn't wanna pull the trigger until I had some feedback.

What are you guys using? Like a RV Class C type shade? Or the custom cut ones?

Here are the shades I'm looking at:

Front windshield: http://amzn.to/2xOzhvs

Driver/passenger windows: http://amzn.to/2wKBxXV

I'd love to see some pics of some setups!

Thanks!

stageracer

I used some sheets of Reflectex with Gorilla tape. I cut them to size, used the tape on the edges to give them some support and then used those tape on little hangers to hold them onto the window whether they're slightly cracked or shut all the way

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Heatshieldstore.com / aircraftcovers.com make some of the best shades I've come across. I have them for my E-350 and they say they can do them for my Fuso but I haven't got those yet.

bdog1

Adventurer
I used a type C cab cover and added some Refletix on the larger areas. Made a huge difference in the cab area of my E350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4pair

Adventurer
Does anyone use custom cut window shades? I found a couple on Amazon, but didn't wanna pull the trigger until I had some feedback.

What are you guys using? Like a RV Class C type shade? Or the custom cut ones?

Here are the shades I'm looking at:

Front windshield: http://amzn.to/2xOzhvs

Driver/passenger windows: http://amzn.to/2wKBxXV

I'd love to see some pics of some setups!

Thanks!
I just ordered the driver/passenger ones. I'll let you know how they work out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

gh0ztkid21

Observer
Heatshield all the way. Love the fit it doesn't let any light in the front, side, or rear windows on my e350 cargo van. Only area light came in was around the mirror but I fixed that with cutting a piece of reflectix that goes in that small area. I fish all night and sleep during the morning in the north east. Man do the heat shields keep the heat out. When I take them off around noon a wave of heat hits me from the sun. I've put several buddy's of mine on the heatshield and they all love them.

On that note my buddy just ordered his heat shield through Amazon and it doesn't fit. The cut out for the rear view mirror is not centered and the whole build is sloppy. Has a yellow sticker on the back that said heatshield but is not the legit sticker on my heat shield that were ordered through the heatshield website. Turns out that the seller was not a legitimate seller and was selling his home made knockoff windshields as heatshield via the link you posted. So buyer be ware. My buddy has files a claim through Amazon. I have pictures of mine and my buddy's both for comparison.

Fork-N-Road

Heatshield all the way. Love the fit it doesn't let any light in the front, side, or rear windows on my e350 cargo van. Only area light came in was around the mirror but I fixed that with cutting a piece of reflectix that goes in that small area. I fish all night and sleep during the morning in the north east. Man do the heat shields keep the heat out. When I take them off around noon a wave of heat hits me from the sun. I've put several buddy's of mine on the heatshield and they all love them.

On that note my buddy just ordered his heat shield through Amazon and it doesn't fit. The cut out for the rear view mirror is not centered and the whole build is sloppy. Has a yellow sticker on the back that said heatshield but is not the legit sticker on my heat shield that were ordered through the heatshield website. Turns out that the seller was not a legitimate seller and was selling his home made knockoff windshields as heatshield via the link you posted. So buyer be ware. My buddy has files a claim through Amazon. I have pictures of mine and my buddy's both for comparison.

x 2 on Heatshield! They work well and have great customer service.

For the windshield cover, I much prefer the Heatshield cover without the cut out for the rear view mirror. MUCH easier to install or remove the window cover without the mirror in place and the it blocks more light/heat. I bought a tool to remove the mirror the first time and now it easily slides on and off the mirror mount by hand.

You don't need the suction cups on most of the windows to keep the shields in place, especially if you have the factory plastic window trim. The covers are easier to store without the suction cups, so I cut mine off.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
My van has a custom curtain that snaps into place for the front-three windows, and I supplement with one of those accordian-fold reflectix-style sunshades for the windscreen(behind the curtain).

I used Reflectix on all the rear windows for several years, and it worked really well. Last year I finally put the Reflectix panels in the garage when I got around to installing curtain track and curtains in my van. These are convenient and don't require being "stored" like the reflectix, but I can certainly feel they don't keep the van as well insulated. Might start bringing the Reflectix again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears