Custom Trailer Builders

DonL

We`re planning a three year trip all across North America and I would like to find someone who can build us a custom expedition trailer that would suit our needs.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

DonL

Thanks for the reply, but maybe I wasn't clear on what we want.

We're looking for someone who would be willing to built us a custom expedition trailer based our needs.

I have a Sketchup model of what we want.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Thanks for the reply, but maybe I wasn't clear on what we want.

We're looking for someone who would be willing to built us a custom expedition trailer based our needs.

I have a Sketchup model of what we want.

DonL,

My recommendation will have to be Robert Shepherd at Outlander Trailers:

http://www.outlandertrailers.com/outlander_Trailer/outlander_Trailer.html

As far as custom goes, the sky is the limit with him.

Here is my write-up: http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39494

By the way, I see you are in KS. He is going to be in Springfield, MO for a Bass Pro Shops event September 10-12 with his trailers. I will be there too with my Sherpa II.

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

Come check them out.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

BWJ

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Don

We do a limited number of custom trailer builds every year. You can read about the motorcycle trailer we built here.

The number of custom trailers we build is limited by our work load.

If you have the basic plans of what you want it makes it straight forward. It's when potential customers have no idea what they want that the design gets costly.

One off custom trailers are expensive as there is no way to spread the R&D over a larger production run, but that's just the nature of it.

If you send me the Sketch Up drawings I'd be glad to look at them.

Last edited:

huskyfargo

Adventurer
I certainly have to recommend Outlander Trailers. I live in Arkansas and have visited with Robert several times. He has some great ideas and is fantastic to work with. You won't be disappointed with his work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle