Cutting in OEM windows into Econoline

WarDonkey

Hey has anyone cut OEM windows into an Econoline (2014)? Won't be quite as simple as the passenger van swap out.
Will be the two quarters in the rear of the van.
I haven't acquired the windows yet--thought it was prudent to check in first.
Any tips appreciated!
Thanks!

billiebob

I think you will need the metal opening from the donor van also. And there will be lots of cutting/welding.

Reactions: SFP

WarDonkey

Hoping not to go that route. Already have to modify the sliding door opening.
I thought I read up on this and cutting in windows was not that big a deal but now I see the distinct imprint and difference between the cargo and passenger bodies.
Too late to start with that passenger body!

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Agree with Billibob.

You will most likely have to use some sort of aftermarket RV window to make this window idea happen quickly and efficiently.

Stock OEM windows will be cheap to purchase from the Junkyard however the installation will most likely require cutting/welding as suggest by Billie.
Aftermarket RV windows will cost "Mo Money" upfront but may infinitely easier/quicker with regard to installation.

WarDonkey

Thanks guys. Definitely not an undertaking I am seeking right now.
Currently weighing all my options on windows and am surprised at how limited or discontinued they are.
That's the bummer about straying from OEM.

VANMAN

Observer
I did it on a 1990 Ford E350. Well actually cut off right side window and welded it in....replaced Slider with bifold doors....aftermarket windows were crap...expensive did it 10-12 years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior