CVT Group Buy!

Pritchnakoff

Observer
All,

I have recently contacted CVT about a possible group buy. They are interested and I am waiting to get back the details on how many tents would be required and what type of discount we might be able to swing.

In anticipation of the response, I'd like to get a thread started early to see who may be ready and willing to throw down should this come about.

Thanks in advance!

mike r

Adventurer
He did a 20% discount for the winter in november and december last year but then wasn't the right time to buy for me.
It would be good to get at least that same deal but more would be better.

Pritchnakoff

Observer
Mike,

That's a good percent to look forward to, but I agree perhaps a 25% - 30% would be much better! I see you are in Newberg, OR - I am over in West Linn! You got any summer trips planned?

Pritchnakoff

Observer
Sorry we missed you on this, but those are some great pics and glad to see you getting use already! That looks like a nice fun trail as well; where were you?

Pritchnakoff

Observer
Just got word back from CVT; I inquired about using their "winter offer" as a baseline as they offered 20% off last Nov/Dec and perhaps more considering group interest; here is response:

<start_quote>
I will do 25% 10-17 tents and 30% om 18 or more. How is that?

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Bobby

Robert Culpepper :)

CVT/Cascadia Vehicle Tents
www.cascadiatents.com
541-312-8368 (TENT)
"Like" us on Facebook
<end_quote>

Counting mike_r and myself, have 8 interested parties; just two more and we meet the first milestone! I have this posted on 5 other forums and hoping to get some serious folks.

I sent a note back to Bobby, advising that we'd probably want a time frame for cut-off and some sort of campaign code to mention for the discount so we can make the orders - if we don't get the 10+ mark, I'll see about extending the standard offer.

Thanks and please serious folks only at this point!

mike r

Adventurer
Mike,

That's a good percent to look forward to, but I agree perhaps a 25% - 30% would be much better! I see you are in Newberg, OR - I am over in West Linn! You got any summer trips planned?

I have a few small plans, NW mogfest, I would like to do the washington Expo, Trip to Bend with a visit to the south sister. and would like to make some small local camp outs

mike r

Adventurer
Cool, which other sites did you mention this on?

Just got word back from CVT; I inquired about using their "winter offer" as a baseline as they offered 20% off last Nov/Dec and perhaps more considering group interest; here is response:

<start_quote>
I will do 25% 10-17 tents and 30% om 18 or more. How is that?

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Bobby

Robert Culpepper :)

CVT/Cascadia Vehicle Tents
www.cascadiatents.com
541-312-8368 (TENT)
"Like" us on Facebook
<end_quote>

Counting mike_r and myself, have 8 interested parties; just two more and we meet the first milestone! I have this posted on 5 other forums and hoping to get some serious folks.

I sent a note back to Bobby, advising that we'd probably want a time frame for cut-off and some sort of campaign code to mention for the discount so we can make the orders - if we don't get the 10+ mark, I'll see about extending the standard offer.

Thanks and please serious folks only at this point!

Pritchnakoff

Observer
I have a few small plans, NW mogfest, I would like to do the washington Expo, Trip to Bend with a visit to the south sister. and would like to make some small local camp outs
Nice; sounds like fun and if you want to try and get something going for an extended weekend trip I am down any time!

Cool, which other sites did you mention this on?
Gitout
t4r
Toyota120
PNW Backroad Adventures
NW Overland Society

Also fired a note over to Clay Croft at Expedition Overland to see if they would throw a shout up on Facebook or Twitter; as they don't have a RTT sponsor might be a good opportunity - I haven't heard anything from them. I've actually sent a couple things to them in the past and have never received a response; doesn't hurt to try though. If we could just get 3 honest commits from each forum we'd get the 30% discount, that would be SICK!
:Wow1:

Pritchnakoff

Observer
By all means, please do! Won't get to 18 buyers without a TON of posts. I just shot a note on my Twitter and FB accounts too. Just alert me back here so I can add to my external list of the party UN & originating forum/site.
Thanks!

Hurry up and wait time now...
:coffee:

mike r

Adventurer
can you give clear instruction/rules for the group buy?

Are all tents in the deal,how about the awnings?

Gadgetech

Thanks for posting on Club Frontier, I read about it there. Let me say I've only lightly scratched the surface of looking into expedition (camping?) so I don't know a whole lot. Rooftop tents caught my attention about a week ago but I wasn't planning to buy right away although I could definitely be interested if we get to the 30% mark. I live in SC so I'm looking at paying $250 or so to ship it. I haven't done any research really on RTTs so any feedback as to why I should buy this brand would be helpful. I have options fairly locally that I could avoid shipping costs on I believe. I've never been too price motivated but I am interested in the top products. I'd say also that we need to talk these folks into images for Nissans since I didn't see any. Lastly, when do I need to decide by?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan