CVT Roof Top Tent GB 2012

Rover_Hokie

Observer
Not sure if this would work out any better or not depending on where the group buy ends up, but CVT now has some dealers in FL, PA and MT. I emailed the PA dealer from their web page information about picking up the tent at his location in PA. Their web page price is the same as CVT price, so if the PA dealer may be close for you, you may be able to get a deal that would work for you somewhat local to you, especially if you have a date that you need it ASAP or would like to have it ASAP I emailed them about picking up the tent at their location in PA, so I would not have to pay the shipping, and below is their response to my inquiry.

Which tent were you interested in? CVT hits us with a $250.00 shipping fee regardless(as we do not stock these tents)...however, depending on the tent model we might be willing to eat the shipping fee on our end in the interest of making a sale.

Thanks,
-Pete Henwood
610-952-0271
http://www.mainlineoverland.com

I do not want to cut into the group buy number, but this may be an option for some especially if they happen to read this thread after the Group Buy is over.

Last edited:

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Not sure if this would work out any better or not depending on where the group buy ends up, but CVT now has some dealers in FL, PA and MT. I emailed the PA dealer from their web page information about picking up the tent at his location in PA. Their web page price is the same as CVT price, so if the PA dealer may be close for you, you may be able to get a deal that would work for you somewhat local to you, especially if you have a date that you need it ASAP or would like to have it ASAP I emailed them about picking up the tent at their location in PA, so I would not have to pay the shipping, and below is their response to my inquiry.

Which tent were you interested in? CVT hits us with a $250.00 shipping fee regardless(as we do not stock these tents)...however, depending on the tent model we might be willing to eat the shipping fee on our end in the interest of making a sale.

Thanks,
-Pete Henwood
610-952-0271
http://www.mainlineoverland.com

I do not want to cut into the group buy number, but this may be an option for some especially if they happen to read this thread after the Group Buy is over.

CVT is offering group shipping for people far away. So you can get 3-5 tents on a pallet shipped somewhere for much cheaper.

even so tho, last time i only paid like 1195 shipped for a Mt. Shasta...

dcabcody

Quick question. I am new to the GB thing. Will the original poster turn in a complete list or will it be a contact cvt with your info you're part of GB? Thanks!

Gravy

EXPO 2013

Do you think CVT would deliver to the 2013 Expo if purchased with your group buy? That would give me time to get trailer mounts ready and save on shipping!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Quick question. I am new to the GB thing. Will the original poster turn in a complete list or will it be a contact cvt with your info you're part of GB? Thanks!

We will take your info and send it to CVT who will confirm it when you call. We will just be taking your name, screen name and address i think. No payment info.

Any word on how many we need to get 30%?

we do know..but aren't allowed to release it yet ....sorry haha this next week though!

I wouldn't worry about not getting 30% at this point...

Ranchero

Wanderer
Sorry - have been in Death Valley the last week. #3 on the list at 20-30%. Would like a Mt. Rainier with a tall ladder.
Thanks
Steve

pilosopo

Adventurer
So can you add my name to the awning list then since it's official we'll get the discount price? 79" with walls

Sander1036

Just a question, but is it possible to get a different color cover, other than black?

goood question we probably wont be able to get an answer before the GB starts though.... but when the GB starts and everyone has to call in to order you could ask, however I'm not sure I remember ever seeing another color cover so its probably unlikely

EDIT: They may come in grey too

Last edited:

MCObray

Explorer
I'll still be buying CVT regardless. Price, made in the US, and all of the positive reviews have me sold. FWIW, as far as I know, the Bobby mentioned above is the owner of CVT.

I bought mine last year, and it was made in China. At that time, Bobby did say he was trying to move manufacturing to USA, but of course in a year times that could have changed.

My experience with CVT has been nothing short of excellent. Customer service is phenomenal and Bobby took care of the only single issue (ladder) I had with my CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT.

For what it's worth, if anyone is in need of a CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT and is not looking to wait for the GB to get started, I have my Mt. Bachelor for sale!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78