DadVan build: 05 excursion

Adventurous

Explorer
I dig this build! The Excursion platform never received enough love, sadly I think that was due to it being marketed as a kid hauler instead of a pickup truck with a covered bed.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the posts documenting its transformation!

drumguy_18

Great build! I've been following you on Instagram. Can't wait to hear more about your coms install and where you placed the large ARB compressor.

Good work!

RPhil

Adventurer
I've also been following on Instagram. I really like the high clearance rear bumper. Keep it up. If/how did you modify the inner fender liners to work with the flares?

Bales

I've also been following on Instagram. I really like the high clearance rear bumper. Keep it up. If/how did you modify the inner fender liners to work with the flares?
Not as clean as I’d liked. But I will be ordered new wheel wells to make them perfect.

Bales

HEllo KilMat:
Gutted the whole truck and covered every square inch up down and around. This made a useable difference in 3 areas.
-interior stereo sound quality
-exterior road noise reduction
-thermal insulation
It took a long time probably 4hrs to disassemble and 12 hours to install (very easy) and another 5 to get the truck together. Worth the cost and time, and simple to do. 518429

Excursion8

How is your steering gear box holding up with the 37's? I have a similar setup to yours on my excursion. My 37's wore out 2 redhead steering gears in less than a month so I decided to upgrade the whole front end to a 2005 F350 radius arm and coil spring setup. My theory was that the upgraded box from the 05 would hold up better to the tires, but it has now fail also. I am now saving my pennies for a new steering gear box and a hydro assist ram. What's your steering like?

Attachments

• image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 109
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 102

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
should have got a diesel.” The answer is no, I shouldn’t have. And here’s my case for the keyboard warriors out there that don’t have this truck in their garage?. I paid 14k for the truck, it gets 10mpg. Every diesel with even 80k miles have been going for 30k. So I figure mileage alone I’m 150,000 miles ahead. Also, I tow 4 times a year.

Best quote of the entire build, I was in the same boat as you looking for a diesel Excursion, settled on a $4,000 Suburban 1500, six years and 180,000k maintenance free miles later still daily driving and still ahead of of that $30,000 diesel dream truck.

Beautiful build, completely polar opposite of my eBay cheapest way possible build. Why settle with 37s and not bump up to 40s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears