Day in the Ouachita's

tchughes

Observer
I'm new to the site and have really enjoyed seeing what everyone is building and the trips they have been on. I decided to hit some of the National Forest roads and thought I would post some of the pics here. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think.

Firstly my ride @ 1500 ft. Stock with AT tires.
IMG_6299.jpg

Taken from North Fork Pinnacle Mtn.
IMG_6297.jpg

There are little campsites scattered all over the roads/trails. Looks like someone had some fun.
IMG_6292.jpg

Its hard to tell from the photo but some of the less traveled roads are a little rougher.
IMG_6294.jpg

Who knew there were biking/walking trails this far out.
IMG_6285.jpg

I'm glad this guy didn't show his head while I was up there.
IMG_6310.jpg

And finally the reason we get out there. AWESOME
IMG_6304.jpg

tomesd

Observer
my wife has mountainbiked on those trails 3 or 4 times- there's a Ouachta Challenge there every year she rides in.

tchughes

Observer
Looks like a good time. Did you go down any of the rougher trails pictured?

Oh yes, I hit every trail I could between Lake Winona and the peak I was on. I only saw two other people on the trails and one was on a Mtn bike.

tchughes

Observer
HAppy to see you got out! The pics are great. You should really think about coming on the HAlloween trip with us!

I would love to get in on the foliage run but I'm just not sure I can have everything I need together by then. I'm new to ExPo and still trying to figure out what I need and where to store all of it.

I would love to get in on the foliage run but I'm just not sure I can have everything I need together by then. I'm new to ExPo and still trying to figure out what I need and where to store all of it.

You dont need anything fancy bud. Walmart tent, stove, flashlight, and I think beer in an ice chest are the typical necessities... and I dont even need the beer! If you already have that... you're good to go. If you dont, I've got just about 2 of everything! Join us!

jacobfreeman

Observer
Look's like a great time.. I was just down towards lake winona the other day! We went down to cedar creek lake, and a few other lakes.. was a really good time.. I'm just about 30 mins from bryant.. if ya ever wanna take a day trip around these areas hit me up. I'm game! :smiley_drive:

tchughes

Observer
You dont need anything fancy bud. Walmart tent, stove, flashlight, and I think beer in an ice chest are the typical necessities... and I dont even need the beer! If you already have that... you're good to go. If you dont, I've got just about 2 of everything! Join us!

We camped often a few years back so I have a few things. I'm more concerned about keeping food cold for days, having plenty of gas and making sure I have plenty of water for cooking and cleaning up.

If you have a suggestion on a post I could read on the basics it would be appreciated. I have looked around and can't find much about getting started.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
We camped often a few years back so I have a few things. I'm more concerned about keeping food cold for days, having plenty of gas and making sure I have plenty of water for cooking and cleaning up.

We will be stopping a couple of times at towns for fuel along the way. You will not need extra fuel. You will also be able to pick up ice at the station. Bring a few gallons of water and you will be fine. I usually bring 21 gallons, so there should be plenty extra.

Hope to see you out there... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger