DC3 Crash in north Quebec canada (on james bay road)

VE2WHZ

Adventurer
29-06-2012
start Amos 13:30
go to fraiser water fall (mini) first camoping site near lebel sur quevillon

no big road juste few water dam

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5a.jpg

fraiser fall

8a.jpg

6.jpg

arival at 5h pm on sand pit

N49.173708,W77.22333

9.jpg

relax time :)

10.jpg

VE2WHZ

Adventurer
30-06-2012
Directionon matagami for gaz (not gaz station on the james baie road)

47.jpg

lunch at km 132 hmmm
15.jpg

16.jpg

afeter lunch go fort looking the ruper bridge defore camping site #2(near waskaganish )

+- km 233
bang my tong is broken :)

18.jpg

19.jpg

take part of hilift and bender and go back on the road

17.jpg

km 237
garage of CFNO and i have welder :) make somme repair

20.jpg

21.jpg

VE2WHZ

Adventurer
1-07-2012

good breakfest, looking again map chek the gps ...and go searching DC3

29.jpg

find small creek near dc3

find it cool

30.jpg

DC3
31.jpg

32.jpg

34.jpg

33.jpg

36.jpg

Tequila and lunch
48.jpg

35.jpg

VE2WHZ

Adventurer
few pic on ruper river and dam

44.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

Waskaganish side jame bay

40.jpg

42.jpg

41.jpg

43.jpg

new owener of rubicon (lest 5000km)
45.jpg

last lunch and go back home

46.jpg

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Great trip and photos! Thats a long way up to james bay, how many km was this trip in total? Seeing something like a plane crash that is in such good condition is neat. I googled amos, QC and its close to camp for me where I try to spend alot of time in summers, maybe the DC3 crash will be on my bucket list....mais je parle Francais seulement un petit peu. hahahaha

mjmcdowell

Explorer
JBR Quebec

I was up there twice in spring/summer of 2012. Aborted my first trip in the Spring... too many wild fires and smoke. My second trip in the Summer was better, very quiet and awe inspiring, I loved the solitude, was on North Road, thru "Nemiscau" JBR up to "Radisson" and all the way out and back on the TTR road the second time in August, out to "Weminji" and "Chisasibi", one word AWESOME!!!! My first overland trip.... done solo. mjmcdowell :wings:

cc2013

interesting about the DC3, this adds some interest to my thoughts of making the ride from north bay to james bay. did a hike into a crashed canso bomber on vancouver island, was pretty cool to see. once you got to chisasibi were you able to drive all the way to the coast? i notice google maps also shows that Nunavut actually touches some of the coastline at the end of the roads past chisasibi. this really has me curious.. a new job will offer me very limited time to complete this 2500km round trip. the thought of it only came up a week ago as i was initially planning a drive over and up to Inuvik but that free time has now turned into a job, this is a sad but good thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears