Decked vs Diamondback - security and weather protection?

Trucks2019

I am trying to decide between a decked system or diamondback cover for the short bed tacoma. My use case is weekend to weeklong camping. I do not plan to install a cap so wondered which option provides the best security and weather protection. I live on the North West coast and it rains a lot in the fall/winter. The decked system looks better for organisation but not sure how the plastic will hold up in the rain and if theft is easier. The diamondback looks more secure but organisation looks limited. I would be installing a roof top tent for camping so would not be able to open from the top.

chinomalo

I have a diamondback on my yota truck. If you put a rtt over your bed you would have to build it like Mike from Last Line of Defense on YouTube. He does a great job on describing the details of his build. I was going to buy a GoFast Camper and put a decked system in the bed. Decked doesn’t make it for my truck year, so I left the diamondback on. I like my setup now for good security and it holding up to most weather. I added extra tiedown cleats, so I put silicone around the holes. Worked out fine.

Trucks2019

I have a diamondback on my yota truck. If you put a rtt over your bed you would have to build it like Mike from Last Line of Defense on YouTube. He does a great job on describing the details of his build. I was going to buy a GoFast Camper and put a decked system in the bed. Decked doesn’t make it for my truck year, so I left the diamondback on. I like my setup now for good security and it holding up to most weather. I added extra tiedown cleats, so I put silicone around the holes. Worked out fine.

Thanks, I have also been looking at the GFC but leaning towards the Super pacific Switchback (mainly because they are Oregon based, which is closer for me). Did you consider this option as well?

chinomalo

Thanks, I have also been looking at the GFC but leaning towards the Super pacific Switchback (mainly because they are Oregon based, which is closer for me). Did you consider this option as well?

I haven’t heard of that, but will check it out. I was also thinking of Vagabond in NorCal, but the decked unit was going to be the main mod. Hope you get the right build for your needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman