Deep Cycle Battery

chops749

Observer
I think I'm going to just go with a decent deep cycle battery in my rig to run my fridge, supplemented with a solar cell. The question I have is, what are my battery choices for a '17 Taco? I know Optima and Northstar are at the top of the list but what model numbers?

Thanks guys!

AaronK

Explorer
It's not as "fancy" as north star but I've been quite happy with my interstate flooded cell group 24 deep cycle

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Mgyver1

Observer
This is also my choice, mounted one about a 2 months ago, I did a group 31M

If you have a battery plus around you, you need to look into this battery and it's warranty

Yes the Batteries Plus X2 is identical to the Northstar battery but at a lower price and a longer warranty. If you find a way to mount a group 31 in your Tacoma (http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_battery.htm) you can get a group 31 instead of the 31M in the X2. The X2 31M cost about $40 more and only has a 4 year warranty. The X2 group 31 and 31M are also identical batteries except the 31M has standard studs and threaded studs but the 31 only has threaded studs. Here's the X2 part numbers for comparison:

SLI31AGMDPM- $399.99 - 4 year warranty
SLI31AGMDP - $359.99 - 5 year warranty

If you order the X2 online you can use a coupon code for 10% off, although when I called the store they said they could give me the same discount in person. Anyway something to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998