DefconBrix | Military Inspired Overland Build

JimAckley

Quick question. How'd you go about trimming your fenders and still make it look OEM? I'd like to do something similar to my Yukon XL, but Bushwacker doesn't offer a cut out kit for it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Quick question. How'd you go about trimming your fenders and still make it look OEM? I'd like to do something similar to my Yukon XL, but Bushwacker doesn't offer a cut out kit for it.

I have a buddy that used to work in a body shop do it for me but he just followed some of the threads on TacomaWorld on how to do it and what tools to use. Basically he just cut 3" off of the factory fender/flares though. Just cutting the flare isn't enough, you have to be willing to cut into the actual fender also (at least on the Tacoma's). I might get the Bushwackers just for that pocket style look and trim them also.

JimAckley

Cutting the fender doesn't bother me at all. I just want to open it up and still have a fender flare on there. The 00-07 GM suvs look so much better with a fender flare. I guess I'll be on the hunt for a good body shop in Dallas then.

bmart

Observer
Very well thought out build. I can relate to a lot of the direction and focus.

Are you going to the NW Overland Rally in late June?

bmart

Observer
Absolutely. Looking forward to it! If you're traveling up through Idaho and want to convoy let me know.

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I had a great time at the NW Overland Rally! Met some really cool and interesting people and even learned a thing or two.

Here are some photos from my trip:

IMG_7121.jpg

IMG_7127.jpg

IMG_7151.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

IMG_7159-crop.jpg

IMG_7163.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7187.jpg

IMG_7199.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
It's been a minute since I updated this thread so here are some of the latest additions:

ARB twin compressor has been added and mounted in-between the TruckVault and the bed sides but also under the CargoGlide.
Perfect concealment and easy access when needed!
*** the factory box was removed and an thick aluminum mounting plate was made using the factory holes to mount the compressor.

IMG_7043.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
I was lucky enough to display my truck and trailer at the Toyo Tires booth during the Lucas Offroad Race series at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, UT. I loved all the buzz this setup gathered at the event!

IMG_7045.jpg

DefconBrix

Overland Built Tacoma
Here are some shots from the Rock Therapy event in Moab put on by TCT magazine.
Although I did not build this truck to be a crawler, it sure does perform amazing on the rocks!

IMG_6669.jpg

IMG_6394-crop.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears