Defebder/Santana/Iveco Massif

Chucaro

Adventurer
Have a look at this a Defender with 2.8 Td called Iveco Massif with Santqana perigee !

ivecomassif1.500.jpg

ivecomassif2.500.jpg

The story of the Massif is complex. The car is a rebadged version of the Spanish Santana Anibal, itself a derivative of the Land Rover Defender. Santana has been a partner of Land Rover for decades, and its Anibal is now made 100 percent from local components. Santana and Iveco got together to develop this workaday sport-utility vehicle.

The Massif is powered by Iveco's own 176-horsepower six-cylinder 2.8-liter common-rail diesel engine, mated to a five-speed gearbox. Currently two body styles are being offered: a five-door hardtop and an extended-cab pickup.

Santana hopes to produce more than 10,000 Iveco Massif vehicles a year, which will be mostly aimed at the work market and intended for use by police, firefighting and forestry departments. Iveco's parent, Fiat produced a sturdy off-roader for similar purposes from 1951-'73. Called the Campagnolo, it was largely unknown outside Italy.

The link:http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=123283#2

Chucaro

Adventurer
That is the 2006 promo, the new model have much better specs including 2 different engines and standard rear diff lock.
Just wonder what it is going to happen with the old Fiat/Iveco agreement with Ford/Land Rover if Tata are going to run Land Rover.
Some of the specs of the Iveco appears to be superior to the Defender. How competitive is in price I do not know ?
Iveco USA imports the Massif ?

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Does it have brakes?

I use to drive Iveco's and the brakes were always failing. Finally blew a wheel cylinder and caught fire. My boss was pissed that I put the fire out before the truck burned to the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12