66north

Some more pics of the build.

Side lockers going in. Three in total.

ExPo (34).JPG

ExPo (35).JPG

ExPo (1).JPG

ExPo (36).JPG

ExPo (41).JPG

RH side locker was a tight squeeze thanks to the position of the fuel filter. Bracket needed modifying to drop the pipework enough to clear the corner of the locker.

ExPo (38).JPG

Other stuff.

Howling Moon roll out awning. Fox Wing is the funkier wraparound option but they're waaaayyy too fragile.

ExPo (13).JPG

LED external awning lamp by Labcraft switched internally.

ExPo (45).JPG

Rear of truck is fitted with a Labcraft 'Scenelite' commonly fitted to emergency vehicles in the UK. It's a neat compact unit but kicks out 1100 lumens.

ExPo (28).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 10

66north

Rear Door panel incorporating drop down table is by Hesch Offroad who made the Pop-Top. Beautiful attention to detail. Stainless marine hardware, insulating washers, oiled bamboo table and includes a 12v power socket and Labcraft map light with red/white illumination.

ExPo (20).JPG

ExPo (21).JPG

ExPo (24).JPG

ExPo (25).JPG

ExPo (23).JPG

ExPo (22).JPG

ExPo (5).jpg

ExPo (3).jpg

66north

A layer of foam insulation was added to the roof and sidewalls before the vehicle went off for the pop-top conversion.

IMG_1911.JPG

With the roof conversion complete I added a layer of Stinger Roadkill. Having never used any similar product before I rather naively got to work without gloves. Lesson learnt I won't do that again! :yikes:

ExPo (43).JPG

ExPo (46).JPG

ExPo (16).JPG

Starting to lay in the wiring for the electrical 'stuff' ahead of the internal fit.

ExPo (33).JPG

ExPo (39).JPG

66north

Evenings were spent sketching out ideas for the internal 'furniture'. Errol at Coastline Campers in the UK was brilliant to work with. We bounced several layouts back and forth tweaking designs as we went before settling on the set up.

ExPo (42).JPG

Everyone will have different ideas on a living space and inevitably there are things you'd do different but so far it's proven spot-on. You have to be realistic about what you're creating. I have no real intention of living inside the vehicle therefore cooking and washing within the vehicle was deemed a last resort option and I therefore decided that a wash basin and fixed burner/cooker was a luxury/waste of space I could live without.

The entire cabinetry can be easily removed so you can reduce weight/increase internal space depending on the type of trip you're planning. Crucially for us the vehicle can still function as a work van and the furniture can be installed/removed as and when required.

ExPo (4).jpg

ExPo (7).jpg

ExPo (8).jpg

ExPo (9).jpg

ExPo (10).jpg

Expo 100 (2).JPG

Expo 100 (3).JPG

The list of jobs to do is finally getting smaller! Next up fit the internal auxiliary heater and hang the winch on the front.

Attachments

• Expo 100 (1).jpg
    Expo 100 (1).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998