Derek's 'BST' Tundra Build

Derek24

Explorer
Took a couple days off and went camping with the GF on the north coast. One of the days we decided to drive 15 min up the road to the Lost Coast and take Usal Road. We didn't go too far, just to Usal beach and camp ground. Definitely going back and camping and driving the whole Lost Coast!!

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

Go4Lo

Explorer
nothing quite like driving on the beach with the waves crashing beside you. Thanks for sharing. Truck looks great with the new brush guard and lights. Makes me miss my Tundra.

Derek24

Explorer
nothing quite like driving on the beach with the waves crashing beside you. Thanks for sharing. Truck looks great with the new brush guard and lights. Makes me miss my Tundra.

You got that right! Especially here in CA where there is really only one (pismo) legal place to drive on the beach.... The lights on the bar right now are for looks only for now, just got new HID's today and will install shortly. Need my light! A lot more to come! Thanks!

Last edited:

dyogim

Explorer
You got that right! Especially here in CA where there is really only one (pismo) legal place to drive on the beach.... The lights on the bar right now are for looks only for now, just got new HID's today and will install shortly. Need my light! A lot more to come! Thanks!

You can drive on the beach in Samoa OHV up in Eureka legally. I believe there's one other spot in Trinidad you can drive on the beach as well.

jim65wagon

Looks like a fine beach to be on! I might need to try that one out someday, the truck likes Cape Lookout in NC, but I'd like to see a different beach someday!

photoman

Explorer
I wanted to make it up there on my trip a year ago. Looks like I will have to spend time there next time I am in Northern CA.

Derek24

Explorer
You can drive on the beach in Samoa OHV up in Eureka legally. I believe there's one other spot in Trinidad you can drive on the beach as well.
You're right, a couple. For a state this size, wish there were more!

Looks like a fine beach to be on! I might need to try that one out someday, the truck likes Cape Lookout in NC, but I'd like to see a different beach someday!
It was nice! If you make the trip over it will be worth it!

I wanted to make it up there on my trip a year ago. Looks like I will have to spend time there next time I am in Northern CA.
Let me know when you do. I'll be up that way again next week. My GF parents live 20 mins from there so i have an idea where I'm at!

Derek24

Explorer
Thanks 1TuffSR5! Still wish I had that 6 speed!

Got a couple things checked off the list, but waiting for my install...

IMG_2768.jpg

12 circuit fuse box

IMG_2769.jpg

Isolator for dual battery setup. Thanks to this DIY Dual Battery write-up!
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...l-battery-setup-for-50?highlight=dual+battery

IMG_2770.jpg

Mega Fuses for dual battery

IMG_2771.jpg

And why I'm buying all this stuff!!!

Also bought "Mytopo Maps" app for the iPad, so that I can plug in all the GPS coordinates from the Mojave book and make a trip event out of it with directions and satelite imgaes. Pretty cool app for those interested.

All I need is another battery, and move my ARB compressor somewhere else, and move my power steering reservoir elsewhere as well then the second battery should fit in right next to the air filter on the passenger side. After that, well possibly some 35's!

Derek24

Explorer
Thanks uscg2008! Still lagging on getting all this installed. My last semester of college is in full swing, so that's slowing me down! Thinking I need to do a 150k+ mile overhaul on the old girl: new LBJ, bushings, ect. Also looking at new tires, thinking Duratracs in 305's and a regear to 4.56's. I need some good winter tires since I live out in the sticks now and have to 4wd to park in my driveway!

apimpdad

Derek, do you have any side shot pictures of your truck on the 285's and the 265's? I am trying to get an idea of how they look compared to each other. I am torn on what to put on my new truck.

Thanks in advance! The truck is looking good bud.

Derek24

Explorer
Hey sorry for the delay, here are your pics!

With the tires I have now, Cooper STMaxx 265's. Just imagine the rear a little higher with out the pig on the back!
PineMtRd15.jpg

And my old Firestone Destination Mt's in 285's. (should have never sold them....)
CleanPic4_zps2a27f61b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78