Diamond eye exhaust install help

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
I am installing a diamond eye exhaust on my 1997 E350 7.3 (part#K4324A). I am finding the flange that sits against the turbo does not sit perfectly flush Its not bad but the turbo V band does not grab around flanges correctly. I have been screwing around with this for longer then I should have does anyone have any thoughts? When it is all together It does not appear to be leaking,

Thanks

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I've struggled with them too many times. We've tried to bend the down pipe, everything. Now I don't install the down pipe. Too much of a hassle, went back to stock on mine.

devo 1

Adventurer
Diamond Eye sent me another down pipe and it was the same as the first so I took mine to the anvil and reshaped the flange that meets the turbo. I have it perfect now.

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
Thank you for info guys its good know Im not the only one that has had a problem with the exhuast. I am going to try to reshape and see if it works otherwise back to stock downpipe.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
If you know a good local muffler shop I'm sure they can tweak it to fit properly.
I've heard numerous stories about the poor fitment and many stories about a local muffler place being able to rectify it.

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
If you know a good local muffler shop I'm sure they can tweak it to fit properly.
I've heard numerous stories about the poor fitment and many stories about a local muffler place being able to rectify it.

That is the plan for tomorrow. I have done as much adjustments that I can, so heading to muffler shop in the morning. Pretty irritated with diamond eye though.
Thanks

Gooseberry

Explorer
My down pipe was donated after a friend drove to Vegas and pick it up his turbo back. He did a great job doing a heat wrap on It and it fit great up top and down through the floor but it pointed right into the frame rail. They did send him a new one that did not fit so he went to a shop and had it fixed. My friend has a muffler/ hot rod shop in Whittier and he just happened to have a 4" union that moved my exhaust away from the tranny and worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998