Didn't know some of 98 winter package have adjustable suspension

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I've never seen one without, maybe you got tricked into an LS ��

freewayross

Adventurer
Not all 98's came with adjustable shocks. From outside the most obvious way to identify a Montero with adjustable shocks is looking at the Rims, they came with Chrome rims.

newworld2004

Adventurer
Not all 98's came with adjustable shocks. From outside the most obvious way to identify a Montero with adjustable shocks is looking at the Rims, they came with Chrome rims.

Mine looks exactly like the stock picture. Can we tell by VIN#?

Attachments

• BB8gAJQ.jpg
    BB8gAJQ.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 9

Toasty

But yeah you can decode it with the Mitsu vin chart for your year.

Toasty

For the US only Peurto Rico got an RS, they have normal flatside fenders. Our LS came with the blister fenders, cloth interior, no locker, no headlamp sprayers, no infinity stereo but I'm sure you could option the truck out if you ordered it.
Most likely if you have a locking diff you have the full package, 1998 had more of a variety of what you got than 1999. Anyway the photo you posted doesn't have headlight sprayers, not much other exterior differences between the LS and all weather/winter/cold weather/offroad package. That package would include sprayers, heated seats, heated mirrors, locker. Obviously this is over the luxury package.

snare

Adventurer
I have a 98 with winter package and it does not have adjustable shock absorbers, nor appears to ever have had them.

Toasty

At this age and milage they barely work anyway. You guys aren't missing much. Also like I said 1998 had more variations of options over 1999 and I only have the 1999 sales book (to go with my 1999) to see what was offered.

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
Our '98 we recently acquired has all of the bells & whistles, even the - corroded - chrome wheels.

I think Mitsubishi should have included one more notation for the ride setting [found in the right-hand gauge cluster]...

S = Soft/ M = Medium/ H = Hard/ J = Jelly

Yes, this vehicle, with just under 110,000 original miles, rides like it is suspended on jelly.

As recommended, we'll be fitting KYB's [which we have fitted on our '99 [112,000mi], and are very pleased with them]... we'll save the jelly for our sandwiches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12