Diesel heater exhaust penetration through foam core.

simple

Adventurer
I'm curious what people have done when running a diesel heater exhaust through walls / floors with a foam core.

Foamular 250 NGX has a max temp of 165F and diesel heater exhaust pipes can hit 400-600F.

On my spacekap build I used a double wall boat through hull fitting. The hole through the fiberglass is larger than the body of the fitting. The whole thing mounts and seals to the outside of the glass with a large flange. This has worked well for that application. I also imagine the glass has a higher heat rating than a foam panel.

A thought I had for the foam wall is to cut a larger diameter hole through the foam 2-3" and insert a sleeve into it which creates clearance around the exhaust pipe running through the center. It could be an uninsulated air gap or I could fill the void with something like exhaust wrap.

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
Wall thimble (double wall pipe with flange on both ends); like what is used to route chimney pipe through wall or roof.

Alloy

It's called a concentric vent.

Filling the gap with mineral wool (Roxul) is an option.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Exactly. I think they import it from Germany. It is a great solution.

You are correct. I have been using them for several years on all of my personal builds. They are nicely made and seal/protect the floor and heater from the heat and elements. Selling like hot cakes lately. Out of stock at the moment with new inventory arriving within the next two weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online