Diesel Mahindra Diesel MM540 "Jeep"

Ray Hyland

Expedition Leader
Very cool little diesel Mahindra for sale in Kerala, India.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used-for-sale/6326/Kochi, KL/Mahindra/MM540.html/

Price works out to about US$3500. For an "immaculate" little diesel 4x4 it's pretty tempting to fly in, buy it, drive around India exploring for a year, and then sell it when you are done.

I have driven or ridden Suzukis, Ambassadors, an Enfield, and even a Harley Trike around India in the past, but I think the MM540 could be the ultimate machine for a long trip across that country. Cheap, fairly reliable, diesel, great on rough roads, easy to get parts for, simple and easy to fix, etc.

Cheers

haven

Expedition Leader
Agreed. The cost of shipping your vehicle from USA would be considerably more than buying a vehicle like the Mahindra in country. The problem is finding a reputable seller you can trust to provide a vehicle in good operating condition. Maybe through ExPo we can share information on reliable sources.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Agreed. The cost of shipping your vehicle from USA would be considerably more than buying a vehicle like the Mahindra in country. The problem is finding a reputable seller you can trust to provide a vehicle in good operating condition. Maybe through ExPo we can share information on reliable sources.

I have some reliable contacts in India but those guys are into old Jongas (Nissan Patrols) not the Jeeps.

indianvb

I am from India only. Do let know If anyone need help :)
10861044_10152597647972765_2552661654212836189_o.jpg

rabble

Observer
Aren't there rules about taking indian registered vehicles out of the country if you're not Indian. I remember reading about folks not being able to by royal enfield's and drive them out of India.

indianvb

Aren't there rules about taking indian registered vehicles out of the country if you're not Indian. I remember reading about folks not being able to by royal enfield's and drive them out of India.

It should depend upon the country you are bringing the vehicle to. Because they will have there checklist to allow or disallow the vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman