Diesel Multi Language Decals

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
I designed a set of high visibility Diesel Multi language stickers for my Overlanding friends truck and I made some extras. There's a "Diesel Only" version in the 5 most common languages and a "Diesel Fuel" decal in the 7 most common languages. These decals can be ordered here. These were designed to be seen, not blend in. They have been laminated with a UV film for a minimum life span of 5 years. Great for sticking onto fuel canisters as well.

Tiktaalik Diesel Fuel Small.jpgTiktaalik Diesel Only Small.jpgTiktaalik Diesel Only 2 Small.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
I was going to say that a yellow gas cap would help as well, yellow being the international code for diesel fuel containers, but when I went to look for some I found that our major car manfs are totally screwing that up -

yellow-fuel-cap.jpg

My guess is some idiot bureaucrat thinks corn-alcohol-adulterated fuel should be indicated with yellow. 'cause corn is yellow, duh'

ethanol-gas-tank.jpg

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
While I agree that this is a problem, I don't think that any regulation currently exists for colors of fuel caps in the US.

I was going to say that a yellow gas cap would help as well, yellow being the international code for diesel fuel containers, but when I went to look for some I found that our major car manfs are totally screwing that up -

yellow-fuel-cap.jpg

My guess is some idiot bureaucrat thinks corn-alcohol-adulterated fuel should be indicated with yellow. 'cause corn is yellow, duh'

ethanol-gas-tank.jpg

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Here's my friends original decal that was the inspiration for the new design. I designed it to be noticed and understood in several of the most common languages when traveling abroad.

IMG_2844.jpg

lugueto

Adventurer
In many third world countries, the color coding for fuel canisters is something nobody pays attention to, or probably doesn't even know about. ( I know this because I live in one..)

I've seen people fill up fuel in any kind of canister, whatever the color, even when they specify the fuel type. I've even seen people fill up gas in blue Blitz canisters that specify WATER (and I'm pretty sure they read "not for fuel" as well)

A color coded gas cap would be even more neglected. I think a sticker is perfect, and it needs to be as obnoxious as you can make it. Even with the sticker as a precaution, you must tell the person filling the gas tank what specific fuel you need.

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Yes on everything you said! Even in the US you can't be too careful. A friend I used to work with had their brand new Mercedes destroyed the first time they went to the gas station to fill it up. The attendant put gas instead of diesel in it and since it was their first diesel they didn't think to make sure to tell the attendant. I've had to jump out on one occasion when the attendant was about to put gas in mine as well, luckily I watched him like a hawk and had time to intervene. You can't be too careful, or obvious. Particularly when traveling.

In many third world countries, the color coding for fuel canisters is something nobody pays attention to, or probably doesn't even know about. ( I know this because I live in one..)

I've seen people fill up fuel in any kind of canister, whatever the color, even when they specify the fuel type. I've even seen people fill up gas in blue Blitz canisters that specify WATER (and I'm pretty sure they read "not for fuel" as well)

A color coded gas cap would be even more neglected. I think a sticker is perfect, and it needs to be as obnoxious as you can make it. Even with the sticker as a precaution, you must tell the person filling the gas tank what specific fuel you need.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Green handle in California,yellow in AZ. I almost pumped 93 octane into my CTD in Yuma.

BP gas stations did have a time when they had green handles on all of the pumps - both gasoline and diesel. That was a stupid move and I am sure it caused a number of incorrect fills (it almost got me once...).

P1040289.JPG

rayra

Expedition Leader
While I agree that this is a problem, I don't think that any regulation currently exists for colors of fuel caps in the US.

That's correct. My point was that there's already an accepted color code for fuel containers and that it's lame that car manfs are ignoring it by putting yellow caps on new E85-tolerant gasoline vehicles

rayra

Expedition Leader
Maybe a lesson to learn, Dammed if I know what it is...

Always refuel yourself or supervise ??

If you pay attention is easy to see the difference on the nozzle.
Diesels are always dirty oily residue coating, Gasoline are much cleaner.

he's in Oregon. They (and New Jersey) aren't allowed to pump their own gas.

doug720

Expedition Leader
In Oregon it is legal to pump your own diesel fuel, gasoline must be pumped by attendant with a few exceptions - motorcycles, hot rods and boats.

I lived in the Evergreen state and just came home from a 2 week trip there Sunday, and pumped all my own diesel.

Inside the fuel door of my LandCruiser, I have large stickers that say Diesel Fuel Only, the cap says the same, as does the stock Toyota sticker next to the fuel door. One never knows...

Reactions: mog

rydz

I designed a set of high visibility Diesel Multi language stickers for my Overlanding friends truck and I made some extras. There's a "Diesel Only" version in the 5 most common languages and a "Diesel Fuel" decal in the 7 most common languages. These decals can be ordered here. These were designed to be seen, not blend in. They have been laminated with a UV film for a minimum life span of 5 years. Great for sticking onto fuel canisters as well.

View attachment 297733View attachment 297734View attachment 297735
Hi There
would these still be available for purchase, I am looking for a pair of either design.

Thanks

Paulo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan