Diesel Tacoma

Doug Larson

So to make a long story short for the moment , I've put a 1KD FTV in my 06 Tacoma. Chugs along great after initial issues. Engine puts out approximately 175 horse, not sure of Torque. Issue is I can't connect anything to OBD to let me alter basics,( boost, fuel, injector codes, etc). I know others have done this swap, but the circle of us has to be small. Any help advice or connections would be greatly appreciated! With camper, wife and dog need a few more horses.Reservoir Icons, 10 leaf springs,airbags, long range tank, rear seat delete, sound proofing, rear disc brakes, Arb compressor. A great traveler!

Attachments

• IMG_3823.jpeg
    IMG_3823.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3407.jpeg
    IMG_3407.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3810.jpeg
    IMG_3810.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0605.jpeg
    IMG_0605.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3406.jpeg
    IMG_3406.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3808.jpeg
    IMG_3808.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
  • _DSC9302.JPG
    _DSC9302.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Doug Larson

I'm in this predicament because of those guys! The Bernie Madoff of the industry. Fantastic website and presentation, but all lies to catch dreamers! All smoke and mirrors. Todd the owner is as big a crook as you'd ever want to cross paths with. Promise was a low mileage engine out of Australia, transmission, dash cluster and a performance tune. What I got was a high mileage junk JDM engine no trans no dash and no performance tune. Plus in first 6 weeks it blew 2 turbos, costing me thousands more to fix. Ended up buying and exchanging engine myself. Biggest insult was he used my truck for his own personal use and did extensive damage to it 4 wheeling and held it hostage for 6 months.used and damaged my trucK. Bad actor!!!

Last edited:

97heavyweight

I'm in this predicament because of those guys! The Bernie Madoff's of the industry. All smoke and mirrors. Todd the owner is as big a crook as you'd ever want to cross paths. put a junk engine in my truck and used and damaged my truck for his personal use! Bad actor!!!
oohhhhh. that's good to know. I will keep that in mind. sorry you're dealing with ************ mechanics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78