Difference between 92+ and 92 down E Vans?

chasespeed

Explorer
I have been in the market for a Van for a while.... just cant pile everyone into my Ram...

Looking to get rid of my boat, and get a Van... Of course the E Van has a HUGE support group in the aftermarket...

BUT, I am trying to find out why all the MFRs list the suspensions for 92 or 93 and UP... As far as I can tell, they are the same from the 70s up....

BUT, I havent done much in the way of cross-referencing....

Any insight that can broaden, or, refine my search, will be appreciated...

Chase

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Besides the obvious (body style), the frames are different. It can be deceiving since the wheelbase & basic layout stayed the same.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
The idea is basically the same but all of the components went through a major change in dimensions pretty much everything is not interchangeable all of the changes are settle. They did this to help suspension geometry ride and control.
Derek

chasespeed

Explorer
Okay... so... if I'm looking... and want to clear some 33x10s or so... I need to stay 92 and newer? Or, is there anything out there for the older stuff. I can get Camburg or what not, to turn the beams, but, i would have to ship the van 3000 miles to have it done... at that point, I would be better served to keep saving, and buy anolder QaudraVan...

There is one for sale locally, but, the body it rotted to crap, and he wants 2000.... It needs a new body.....

I hate living up here.

Thanks guys.....

Wonder if we can get a chevy up high enough to clear some decent tires? Any thoughts?

Chase

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
So you don't want 4wd? If not, and you get a newer van, I know where you may be able to get a complete Camburg front suspension. VERY low mileage, PM me for more details.

chasespeed

Explorer
Oh yeah I want a 4x4. But, I just dont have the money. I will be eitehr trading my boat for a van, or using what cash I get for it, to buy a van. There wont be enough to buy a 4x4. I will eventually convert it to 4x4. But, in the mean time, while finishing paying off a few loans etc, it will have to suffice w/ 2wd and decent tires.....

And Camburg....:drool::drool::drool::drool: Cant afford it anyway....but, a guy can dream right?

Chase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998