Different Scepters?

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Strange question guys (and gals)? Does anyone know if there is a difference in Scepter fuel cans for gas vs diesel? I was passing several in the motorpool last night and the thought struck me that they all say simply "fuel"?? Does it matter as long as one knows what they have in it?

Last edited:

92hdj81

Observer
There is no difference in the can it self just the gaskets in the lids. (If they are the real Secpter MFC) The rubber gaskets are for diesel. For gas you need to have the Viton gaskets or I have been told that the rubber ones swell and crack the lids. As for the colored cap connectors it doesn't matter.

Cheers

WASURF63

Adventurer
Strange question guys (and gals)? Does anyone know if there is a difference in Scepter fuel cans for gas vs diesel? I was passing several in the motorpool last night and the thought struck me that they all say simply "fuel"?? Does it matter as long as one knows what they have in it?

Each are also identified by a color coded fuel cap strap.
Red = gas, Yellow = diesel.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Love that EXPO!

Thanks guys...fast and great intel! Gotta love the portal! So if I'm following this correctly, the color of the cap strap (whatever its really callsed? LOL) indicates the type of fuel its "supposed" to have in it. Cool. And the reality is if I could find some gaskets I could make whatever work. Now how does one tell a regular gasket from a Viton one??

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
workin' it...

Thanks for the link...work is off and on so I'm only getting some slow reading here and there but I'm workin' it. Thanks!

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Stealing fuel cans from the motorpool! Jeez!....

...I won't tell if you don't about the water cans in my garage!:elkgrin:

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
*HUH?* Whoooo...?

Stealing fuel cans from the motorpool! Jeez!....

...I won't tell if you don't about the water cans in my garage!:elkgrin:

*coughs into hand* I don't know what you are talking about!?! Besides...I'm not gonna take those...they have "issues" (one has a hole in it, 2 missing lids, and one was run over!) and someone set them aside for a reason, I'm sure!
Plus there may be about 5 or 10 at the "dump" that would need a home and already have been thrown away! :sombrero: Funny...they look (and smell) brand new! Wonder why they were thrown away. Maybe I should secure them so the locals don't make a WMD out of them?

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
If I'm not mistaken there is a DA form for accounting for lost or misplaced Government property found on post.

Just saying.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Thanks for putting my tax dollars to good use:victory:

Actually....IIRC, your tax dollars paid for the one's that melted when the last RKG hit the MRAP. It was MY tax dollars that paid for the one's I'm looking at that I found in the dump....Or maybe it was my tax dollars that paid my paycheck? Hmm....I need to look into giving myself a raise..LOL

Ah, come on guys... YOU all know how Uncle Sam works when he gets ready to send stuff out for surplus. Everything gets rebuilt to brand new condition then sold at auction for 1/2 cent on the ten thousand dollar note!

You got lucky scoring those because someone thought the dump was the surplus equipment depot - they were just sitting there waiting to be excessed anyway...:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears