Dirty fuel filter (pictures)

WontonSoup

I replaced my fuel filter today with an oem filter, and I thought it would be fairly interesting to cut the old one open to see how bad it really was.

This is from my 2000 gen 2.5 with 150k miles. I have a feeling this is the original filter!

Here are the pictures

IMG_1166.jpgIMG_1170.jpgIMG_1171.jpg

miloe79

Observer
What level of difficulty would you say replacing the filter is, from 1 -10?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WontonSoup

What level of difficulty would you say replacing the filter is, from 1 -10?

Depends on how easily you can remove the banjo fitting. Mine would NOT budge with my breaker bar (even after letting it soak in penetrating oil) I ended up borrowing an impact wrench from a buddy and it zipped right off.

Besides the banjo fitting, everything else was straight forward. I would say a 2/10. Don't forget to replace the copper washers!

miloe79

Observer
Depends on how easily you can remove the banjo fitting. Mine would NOT budge with my breaker bar (even after letting it soak in penetrating oil) I ended up borrowing an impact wrench from a buddy and it zipped right off.

Besides the banjo fitting, everything else was straight forward. I would say a 2/10. Don't forget to replace the copper washers!
Copper washers! Got it, thanks!!👍

SONICMASD

Adventurer
I replaced my fuel filter today with an oem filter, and I thought it would be fairly interesting to cut the old one open to see how bad it really was.

This is from my 2000 gen 2.5 with 150k miles. I have a feeling this is the original filter!

Here are the pictures

View attachment 388476View attachment 388477View attachment 388475

Hilarious, I literally did the exact same thing a 5 months ago! Got my new monty, fuel filter looked original, was impossible to take off cuz the bolt wouldn't budge, so i took it to a shop and had them do it and i told them to save it for me. I cut it open with a hack saw and it looked just like this. Actually, I think yours is a bit worse.

JamesW

Adventurer
This is what came out of mine after I found it having trouble starting and being a bit weak up hills

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger