Disco II & 35's

KyleT

Explorer
35x12.50r17 (truly 35's)

Stock toyota FZJ80 axles without lockers

3link front and a-arm 3/4 link rear

I would not mess with rover axles anything over a 33/34" tire after seeing even these monster CV's break on 35's (not me but a LC)

Mine is more overland than trail, or hwy than trail... it was nearly 800 miles each way last trip via highway. Motor is tired and slow, averaged about 10mpg but I haven't calculated it yet...

My only regret is the stupid fender flairs, i think they look stupid.

Attachments

• DSC_0654.jpg
    DSC_0654.jpg
    584.8 KB · Views: 123

tattz

37s on mine now need to do a little more trimming to get my full flex back but I ran 35s for well over a year without issues arb air lockers front and rear 4.39 gears gbr driveshafts and stock axles im not a heavy foot guy when wheeling maybe thats why mine hasnt broke Ill let ya know how it is with the 37s lol

Attachments

• landrover_3.jpg
    landrover_3.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 57
  • land_rover.jpg
    land_rover.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 63
  • land_rover_2.jpg
    land_rover_2.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 61

mongosd2

Adventurer
curious to see how long your axles last…be prepared for them to break when YOU think your not hitting it hard. You will destroy the cv's…And if you daily drive it, be prepared to eat those swampers in a hurry, good trail tires, ****ty road tires. I ditched mine and went with Maxxis creepy's

zelatore

Explorer
I know this thread is about D2s, but I'm planning a future build of an RRC on 35s possibly going to 37s down the road. I'm curious what you guys are looking at for wheels - the stock 16x7.5 isn't going to cut it I'm afraid (bummer since i have 2 nice sets) and I don't really want to spend any more than I have to on wheels given how much everything else is going to cost. I could get a custom set of 17" steelies from Stockton Wheel quite cheaply, but I hear you pretty much get what you pay for there. And it seems that 15" stuff is getting rarer all the time, so going 17" probably makes sense.

Regardless, I won't be doing anything on this for some time. I just saw this thread pop up and thought I'd throw it out there.

dwvninety

Observer
Here is a pic of my DII on 32" beside my Rubicon on 37". You have to do a lot of trimming to get 37" on a DII

IMG_1781.jpgIMG_1687.jpg

Last edited:

mongosd2

Adventurer
When the truck is setup correctly to run a 37, you really have to trim very little…that looks like a stock d2, not a fair comparison.

A mod like this is way out of the realm most on this site would even consider

tattz

I ran 35s on my truck for almost 2 years on these axles and have had 0 issues ..fingers crossed they will last with 37s on it I have axles to go in but i am going to run the stockers till they let go ...as far as running these tires on the street they arent super swampers they are challenger competition rock tires I know there going to where fast on the street but whatever I own a tire and automotive shop and I buy these tires from the factory and am the only importer and distibuter in canada so they give me a good deal for my personal tires...lol as far as trimming it takes alot of trimming to make them fit if you want to have any flex the wheel wells are too tight so they need to be opened up a fair bit you also need to clean the pinch weld up inside on toe boards I have mine so it stuffs the 37s and they just touch the top of the inners ever so slightly but that's under full flex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman