Disco II Suspension questions

cdavis3361

Observer
So I am not sure which way to go, or if it even matters. I am looking for a little lift to comfortably run some 265/65's.

Looking at the OME kits, Terrafirma 2" kit, or a Rovertyme spring with another shock option.

Anyone running any of these, happy? Not happy? Opinions?

Thanks for the input.

I plan on doing trails like Kingston Peak, Saxton mtn in Colorado, trips to Moab. My limit is pretty much anything that looks crazy to take a large SUV with my wife and child through. Steel bender & Rose Garden Hill come to mind. But the Kokppelli Trail looks awesome!

I like the 3in OME I put on my D2. If I were doing it over I would have went with a 4in suspension lift. However, I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

ebg18t

Adventurer
I went from my TerraFirma 3" HD kit to the Rovertyme 4"+ kit with custom valved Fox Emulsions. My RTE kit is night and day different. Then again it costs 4x as much.

gm13

Adventurer
While I'm not familiar with the trails you're looking to travel, I put the Terrafirma +2 HD on my Disco and thought they did the job well. The ride was a tad stiffer than the stock spring/airbag but still nice on road. Handled a decent load too. If a 2" lift will cover your needs I wouldn't hesitate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears