Discovery 1 help

Madbodhi

Observer
Ok guys.I'm on a trip, currently in Las Vegas. Old disabled lady next door to my cousins place we're staying for afew days has a Discovery 1. Saw me working on my Land Cruiser and asked for help. The driver side door paddle is cracked and breaking and she has to crawl through the passenger side. I did abit of research and it seems you can swap the rear door paddle into the front which would be a godsend for this lady but I havn't found instructions on how to do it. Also I have to leave Wed night. Any help would be appreciated, instructions, physical help, or a Rover savvy shop in the area.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Each door has the long interior pull handle, with 2 bolts each, take the bolts off to allow for the door trim to be pried away. Under the interior trim there is a plastic film which needs to be cut open to access door innards. Once you can see the mechanism it is straightforward ish. I have removed several but this was on vehicles we did not need to be careful with ( parts cars ). Keep in mind you will need to secure the door once you steal the working latch.

Land Rover LV is a competent place if you would rather not futz with her car.

Last edited:

Swedjen

Working on a Land Cruiser? Who Knew....kidding.

If the Las Vegas Pic A Part is near by, they just got in a "98 Disco on the 16th so chances are it has the parts. Row 129. There are 3 slightly earlier Discos - 2 in Row 129, one in Row 130.
They're at 5100 N. Lamb in N. Vegas. (702)-643-1776

Madbodhi

Observer
Appreciate it guys. I may end up cutting this part of the trip short.(What I was working on in the Land Cruiser was a high pressure line for the A/C,special order dealer only and thus far no luck temporarily patching with epoxy. No A/C and 108 degrees is no bueno for a family from Wisconsin.) I will let her know about the shop and offer to run up to the salvage yard to grab the part before I leave. Just felt bad watching this old lady struggling like that.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Appreciate it guys. I may end up cutting this part of the trip short.(What I was working on in the Land Cruiser was a high pressure line for the A/C,special order dealer only and thus far no luck temporarily patching with epoxy. No A/C and 108 degrees is no bueno for a family from Wisconsin.) I will let her know about the shop and offer to run up to the salvage yard to grab the part before I leave. Just felt bad watching this old lady struggling like that.

For your AC line, try fibre fix if its on the tube part

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger