Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

Finlayforprez

Observer
I finally got my spare tire swing away done yesterday! It took about 13 hours of cutting, welding, and painting. You may remember I actually cut out both spindles on the Kaymar and created my own spindle. The right-hand side tire swing away does not cover the passenger tail lamp (even though it looks like it a little in the close-up pic) and it does not trip the sensors or back-up camera - everything works great. I spent a lot of time measuring and moving and testing and the end product came out awesome! While the tire is a tiny bit higher and obstructs some of my vision, I can see fine and tend to use the side mirrors anyway.

Raxerox

Hello from Western Wa

I simply love this thread. Thanks to the work of everyone here before me, picking out the perfect kit for my new to me 2007 LR3 HSE is easy. I am amazed at how well it performs bone stock but where is the fun in leaving it alone? Has anyone tried the Tactical rear bumper with tire carrier?

The first thing to go are the 19s!

IMG_1629.jpg

Iamkraig

I finally got my spare tire swing away done yesterday! It took about 13 hours of cutting, welding, and painting. You may remember I actually cut out both spindles on the Kaymar and created my own spindle. The right-hand side tire swing away does not cover the passenger tail lamp (even though it looks like it a little in the close-up pic) and it does not trip the sensors or back-up camera - everything works great. I spent a lot of time measuring and moving and testing and the end product came out awesome! While the tire is a tiny bit higher and obstructs some of my vision, I can see fine and tend to use the side mirrors anyway.

That looks really good. What spindle did you use and where did you get it. I'm thinking of building my own swing away.

JoeMcD

which hidden winch mount are you using?

i'm not sure, but it's yanked me out of some jams. The winch is a Mile Marker, but it was mounted when I bought the truck. I'm replacing the bumpers with steel bumpers shortly, so the mount will be removed, I'll see if there are any names or markings on it.

Eniam17

Adventurer
i'm not sure, but it's yanked me out of some jams. The winch is a Mile Marker, but it was mounted when I bought the truck. I'm replacing the bumpers with steel bumpers shortly, so the mount will be removed, I'll see if there are any names or markings on it.
Joe McD , pm'd you ..

MIskier

I purchased a 2006 V6 SE in very nice condition, and will be retiring the DII to weekend warrior.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 78

Mx468

Observer
Updated pics of my rover

Here is my truck all cleaned up and with some extra stuff since I posted back on page 8. Plastidipped wheels, grill, side vent, replaced interior/some exterior to all led lights, added a homemade jerry can holder on my roof rack, new aux port in front, blacked out my headlights, homemade drawer unit, and new Hankook dynapro at rf 10 (265-60-18) tires.

Attachments

• IMG_6537.jpg
    IMG_6537.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7132.jpg
    IMG_7132.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_7264.jpg
    IMG_7264.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6413.JPG
    IMG_6413.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5123.jpg
    IMG_5123.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7197.jpg
    IMG_7197.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 137
  • lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 132

medicfernando

Adventurer
Here is my 2006, LR3 SE with HD package. Nav, blacked out grille, BFG 265/65 18, ARB Fridge. Super clean, everything works, only 70K miles. To be done: ARB front bumper, rear tire mount, sliders. Not much else needed. Cheers!
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
And a little Garage Art
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle