Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Thanks for the info. Yes, I am aware of many of the LR3 issues. I do some marketing work with a LR shop and we see front suspension arms and eas pumps being replaced on a regular basis. I'll keep you posted as I move forward.

Matt Donahue

Just upgraded my '97 Discovery to an '05 LR3 SE with 46,000 miles. (maybe the snow picture makes up for the driveway shot :))

IMG_1836.jpg

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
My new Ride:

IMG_5554_zps2ab2207c.jpg

IMG_5555_zpsfa882016.jpg

Schloemtech00

Hey guys! Just picked up a 2006 LR3! Only had it a few days but loving it so far(first rover). Planning on doing some basic mods and equipping and putting it to work. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359942707.988201.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359942739.680219.jpg

Marcio Schlemm

Good Night;

I just get a black TDV6 Disco 3 2007. I'm loving the car. Very comfortable and agile. I make trips by Brazil and South America, and I am part of the club's Jipeiro (www.clubedojipeiro.com.br). I intend to inspire the beautiful photos of LR3-4 that exist here on the forum in the future to equip my car.

The following photo of "blackie"

Abraços a todos!

Marcio Schlemm
Joinville, Santa Catarina - Brazil

20130208_191620 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 20130208_191620.jpg
    20130208_191620.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3,010

rcharrette

Adventurer
2008 LR3 snorkel options?

Hi all, as the title says what is out there? I see ARB everywhere but I see mentions of Mantec as well. Went to Mantec site and LR3 was not listed. Also, an more important is do I have to cut to put one in? I have the "plastic silver vent" on the passenger side front quarter panel. From the looks of other installs it appears that is right where the snorkel passes through.
I have zero intention of taking this through deep water at anytime on purpose :) We drive a lot of dirt roads so mainly dust reduction.

goinsurfin

Observer
Hi all, as the title says what is out there? I see ARB everywhere but I see mentions of Mantec as well. Went to Mantec site and LR3 was not listed. Also, an more important is do I have to cut to put one in? I have the "plastic silver vent" on the passenger side front quarter panel. From the looks of other installs it appears that is right where the snorkel passes through.
I have zero intention of taking this through deep water at anytime on purpose :) We drive a lot of dirt roads so mainly dust reduction.

I understand that for water crossings, a snorkel does the job there but what about on dusty roads or other conditions? What are the overall advantages for having one? Thanks

rcharrette

Adventurer
I understand that for water crossings, a snorkel does the job there but what about on dusty roads or other conditions? What are the overall advantages for having one? Thanks
When driving in dusty conditions the dust tends to hang at about hood level. The raised intake sits above this layer and pulls in the cleaner air. IMO ( and others may correct me) snorkels in a modern gas vehicle with all of the electronics serve only two purposes, cleaner air to the engine in dusty conditions and they look cool. If I ever submerged my LR3 to the base of the windshield I suspect the engine is only one of many problems I'd have!

jhawk

Adventurer
My 05 during our last Crown King trip. Loving this truck more and more.

Jim

Attachments

• lr3resize.JPG
    lr3resize.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 196

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998