Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Tyres are Goodyear Duratrac 19". They're ok on the road but I have not been pleased with their performance off-road: they slick up easily, have no shoulders to catch in the ruts or in snow, and even though they are snowflake tyres, they don't seem great in the snow and ice being quite slippy -- especially in the corners.

What Size Duratracs? I thought they only had one 19" size available in the US (255/55-19). I'm pretty sure this particular size is NOT snowflake rated (the only size Duratrac that is not). Hence the reason I am curious..

shedlock2000

Observer
LRNAD90, seems you are right! I bought these tyres because they were meant to be snowflake tyres, but it seems like they are not! Boo! Thanks for drawing my attention to it. And yes, you're also right on the size!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama4door

Observer
We went down to Sequatchie, TN this weekend, which is about 30 minutes north of Chattanooga. This is where Coppinger Cove is and there's a lot of good trails all around. Unfortunately, it had rained so much during the week that all of the main gates to the trails were locked because of bad flooding. We're planning to go back down in a few weeks to check it out.

The trip was intended to break in our new CVT Mt. Shasta RTT as well some GPS/iPad gadgets and my drawer system I built over the last couple weeks for the LR4. My LR4 isn't used for any hardcore off-roading, more of an overlanding and exploring vehicle to get my fiance and I to discreet places in comfort. Everything worked great, just wish the trip lasted longer.

Fueled and ready to go

Downloaded Gaia for my iPad along with a Dual XGPS150, very cool combo. If you are looking for a software app to download, Gaia is very user friendly. Once you signup (free) on their website they have a great User Guide and even email you video tutorials on how to use the app to get the most out of it.

Arrived at campsite

Setup + dog. We loved the first night in the CVT. Super easy to setup and takedown and the mattress was very comfortable to sleep in. The only thing we didn't put on was the annex room, so we will have to do that on the next trip.

And finally on the way home with the gang

Ilatak

I've been reading these posts with great abandon! I thought that I would share some photos of Zara. I purchased her last year as a stock vehicle, and then have made a progressive build to this point. The winch is on a hidden winch bumper which is a nightmare to fit -- but the task was less of a chore thanks to a great post on here. The seat-covers are Exmoor trim and are sublime (but expensive)!

Tyres are Goodyear Duratrac 19". They're ok on the road but I have not been pleased with their performance off-road: they slick up easily, have no shoulders to catch in the ruts or in snow, and even though they are snowflake tyres, they don't seem great in the snow and ice being quite slippy -- especially in the corners.

I really dig the roofrack from Front Runner -- but the road noise is hell. I spent quite some time constructing a wind deflector of sorts and recommend no-one to fit a rack and light bar in this manner unless an effort to deflect the wind is undertaken.

Here's a list of the nonsense on board:

• Genuine Land Rover Snorkle,
  • Mud-flaps,
  • Remote and Radio controlled 12,000lb synthetic winch and genuine Land Rover hidden winch bumper,
  • Full size spare tyre,
  • 19" New Goodyear snowflake tyres all round (including spare),
  • 40" curved light bar plus work lights on every side,
  • Front HID spots,
  • LED lights all round -- including front spots, (all switching is remote controlled -- no holes drilled),
  • Genuine Land Rover front and rear light guards,
  • Genuine Front Runner roof rack with tool accessories for High-Lift Jack, Axe, and Shovel,
  • Anti Glare hood cover applied,
  • Waterproof, scratch resistant, canvas, made-to-measure seat covers from Exmoor trim ($1000 per set).
  • Tow pack and NATO-style ball hitch,
  • Full Land Rover floor mat set -- including Land Rover Carpet mats
  • Load liner fitted to rear cargo area,
  • Transmission Filter Easy-Service pan fitted,
  • Royal Purple oils throughout,
  • 1/2" Suspension lift

Wasn't this for sale recently on Kijji in Alberta area? Did you change your mind about selling it? Nice looking truck

delm

I haven't been on this board in quite awhile. Was looking for a Discovery a few years ago to turn into a weekend fun truck. Never bought one. Instead, went with a full size F150. But I've wanted a Land Rover forever, and the time was right, so I finally got one.

2015 LR4. Bone-stock. Had it a couple of weeks now. It was a dealer's loaner with 6,000 miles. I was looking for a new one, but they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. And being a Certified Pre-Owned, it comes with a 5 yr/100,000 mile warranty.

Looking forward to what I eventually turn it into. Wanted to grab one before the LR4's are no more and get replaced with whatever comes next.

The next pic won't be in the driveway!

delm

delm, did you get the two speed T-case and the rear locker? That's a beautiful color.

Thanks, DiscoDavis. Credit to my wife on going with this "merlot" whatever-land-rover-calls-it color. I really like it but was on the fence about it at the dealership. My wife liked it immediately and about 24 hours later, I caught up to her. I really like it, as well. I think this color goes really well with the black package it came with.

I did not get the 2-speed t-case. I would have liked to have it...but doubt I would have ever used it. I don't expect to do any rock-crawling or hard-core 4 wheeling. I think the single-speed t-case will work just fine for the majority of owners, including me. While I certainly like the idea of having it and not needing it, I didn't want to spend the money on it.

Ray_G

Explorer
Thanks, DiscoDavis. Credit to my wife on going with this "merlot" whatever-land-rover-calls-it color. I really like it but was on the fence about it at the dealership. My wife liked it immediately and about 24 hours later, I caught up to her. I really like it, as well. I think this color goes really well with the black package it came with.

I did not get the 2-speed t-case. I would have liked to have it...but doubt I would have ever used it. I don't expect to do any rock-crawling or hard-core 4 wheeling. I think the single-speed t-case will work just fine for the majority of owners, including me. While I certainly like the idea of having it and not needing it, I didn't want to spend the money on it.

Truly a beautiful color and definitely makes for a unique vehicle, the black looks excellent with it. For a period of time my wife wanted the gold colored LR3 just b/c I think she thought it was absurd-but came around to green, I may have to show her yours though in case we ever end up looking at 4's!

ColoDisco

Explorer
Got the RTT mounted on its temporary crossbars.
E7DAD171-2E1E-435B-AD91-75226149EE28.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78