Discovery II regear

littlehandegan

I am looking at a Disco II.

He has New driveshafts/lift/rebuilt front axles etc.

It has a set of 35x12.50 SSR's but he has stock gears.

Whats the best gear setup and where should I get them?

jgdisco2

Adventurer
id call GBR(great basin rovers) they will be able to tell you the best gear ratio for your setup

LandyAndy

Adventurer
I run 265/75x16" (approx 31.5") with 4.11's. Works real nice & brings your speedo virtually back to stock.

For the 35's you'd need to go longer. Other option is to keep the 3.54's and swap out the x'fer box for a 1.667:1 military ratio or just regear it, might be a cheaper option & less work. I have that in my D90 & it's a good combination for driveability.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
careful doing the T-case swap, as it only changes the highway gearing, not low range. The diff gear change helps everywhere....

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
I am looking at a Disco II.

He has New driveshafts/lift/rebuilt front axles etc.

It has a set of 35x12.50 SSR's but he has stock gears.

Whats the best gear setup and where should I get them?

With a true 35 I would run 4.75's if you want to keep the rev's down a bit you could go with 4.37's. This is just a quick answer and what you use the truck for will determine the final choice.

Give us a call we have both in stock and will be happy to answer your questions.
716 898 8153

mongosd2

Adventurer
I run 265/75x16" (approx 31.5") with 4.11's. Works real nice & brings your speedo virtually back to stock.

For the 35's you'd need to go longer. Other option is to keep the 3.54's and swap out the x'fer box for a 1.667:1 military ratio or just regear it, might be a cheaper option & less work. I have that in my D90 & it's a good combination for driveability.

that's WAY TO HIGH for 35's...I run a 1.6 hi gear with my 37's and 4.10's and it too much for those. A 1.4 would be best

Pad

Adventurer
I have 4.7 gears w/35's and am very pleased with
off road abilities and I'm running about 2700rpm
at 65mph.
Any lockers in the truck? You may want to concider the
cost of those also if your budgeting upgrade prices.
Hope this help,
Pad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger