Discreet camper

Fanboy

I want a fuso or related truck as a camper conversation. I just want it to be discreetly hidden. Made to look like a regular box truck. Why does it have to look like a camper?.. Can't it just be a camper, and look like a work truck?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Sure - there is a thread on here by a guy who did exactly that with a used Ryder rental truck - referred to a "stealth" camping. The only issues are if you want to carry items like kayaks or bikes on the outside.

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
I know people who do just that. The only big thing that you need to consider is emergency exits. You need to ensure that you have two (front and rear). Other than that you are free to do as much or as little as you want inside. Nice thing is that you are starting with a open box and you can do any layout that you can imagine.

Maninga

Adventurer
Sure it can be. Get a Fuso, Morgan truck body & use their commercial doors on the side and at the back. Put in a skylight for internal natural light, a window above the truck cab (not as obvious there) to help with cross breeze inside, solar on the roof. Maybe add in a hydraulic lift at the back, could be used as a balcony with the rear doors open.

Gives a camper that looks like a delivery truck

LoupGarou

I want a fuso or related truck as a camper conversation. I just want it to be discreetly hidden. Made to look like a regular box truck. Why does it have to look like a camper?.. Can't it just be a camper, and look like a work truck?

Welcome to the forum!

It's possible, a Google Employee lived in a box truck on the company's parking lot.

FromInsideTheBox

You'll need to consider ventilation to dump the heat that builds up inside. The floor height will be around 42" so you'll need some steps to get you up and into the back and then pull them inside. If using stock cargo doors, you'll need a way to lock them from the inside and a way to prevent someone from locking you in from the outside.

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
A pass-thru would give you an alternate way of getting into and out of the camper section. If you did this you could even do away with external steps completely, should you wish.

DzlToy

Explorer
Buy one of these and leave the stickers/wrap, or buy a plain white one and have it wrapped. As long as you don't stay in one place too long, no one really questions a moving truck. The same cannot be said for phone company trucks, plumber's vans, etc.

10Large.png

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Buy one of these and leave the stickers/wrap, or buy a plain white one and have it wrapped. As long as you don't stay in one place too long, no one really questions a moving truck. The same cannot be said for phone company trucks, plumber's vans, etc.

10Large.png

If you put a sticker in the window that says broken down then everyone would understand :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior