DIY Sliders Help

I want to find a step by step guide of making sliders for my '01 Tacoma. I have access to a full shop, so bending pipe, grinding, and welding isn't an issue. I did a search but can't seem to narrow in down enough to find anything helpful. With everyone on here being so efficient, I thought someone might have that on here, or know a link to TTORA or Tacoma World.

Any help is appreciated!

jeverich

Luddite
It's pretty straightforward..

Designing them yourself is the most enjoyable part of the process; that way they're truly your own. I think you'll be hard pressed to find exact dimensions online - I think you're best bet would be to take a look at some of the offerings from major manufacturers, and make a mock-up.

What exactly are you looking for? Designs? Dimensions?

Your post said you'll be bending pipe.. Using Sched. 40?

Set that I designed for a 2007 Tacoma..

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Like jeverich said - you're probably not going to find a step by step guide anywhere.

People generally start with a tape measure, a pencil, & paper.

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
You can glean a lot of info that you need from various build threads. For instance, .120" wall x 1.75" diameter tubing is common. Or 2" x 2" square tubing...also .120" wall. 4 support legs to the frame...also common. Then just figure out how you want to attach to the frame and how far you want it to stick out past the door sill and go to town. Get creative or keep it simple...doesn't really matter as long as you're having fun.

Revco

Adventurer
I bought Trail Gear sliders for my '01 Tacoma off ebay from 4WP for $179 shipped. Mine's a reg cab, so they are the short 58" versions. I could have spent the $100 for tubing to build them myself, then spent the time bending, notching, and welding them up, but I realized my time was worth more than the extra $79 to have all that done for me. I trimmed the legs to length, welded 4x4 plates on the ends, with 1/4" top gussets between the legs and the plates, then welded them to my frame. They are solid, and were cheap.

Thanks guys, look for the build thread soon. I'm going to go ahead and make a set, and document it step by step for others. First project like this since I built a go-kart in 8th grade, so this should be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears

Members online