DNJ timing belt kit

KarmannMarco

Adventurer
Have any of you guys had any experience with DNJ timing belt kits? Its about 1/2 price of the Gates kit. Is the Gates kit higher quality? I'm getting ready to do the timing belt and water pump on my 97

greg409

Given how seldom we replace timing belts & associated parts, I wouldn't go cheap (gates should be decent for the belt) I like goodyear gatorback stuff myself

On another car, I went cheap, then did it again (with 4 valves) 14,000 mi later - never again

luck,greg

shov3lbum

Adventurer
Agreed, get good parts; especially with our interference engines. I went with an OEM belt and then gathered other various parts through rock auto, I used an Aisin water pump, they are the manufacturer that makes the OEM mitsu parts if I'm correct.

I also went with OEM/Mitsu direct for the hydraulic auto tensioner as I've heard of aftermarket ones leaking. The best way I found to get good prices is to go a OEM wholesaler like mitsubishiparts . net and then have the dealership match the price.

Good luck, J

MonteroLTD

Adventurer
My experience with Dayco has been good. I'd recommend DNJ, Gates, Dayco to anyone. You'll be fine. What's most important is the job being done right (The first time).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online