Do it yourself bed liners

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
It's messed up, you can hire people to pimp your product in forums. I forget the terminology. That is what I smell personally... Either that or some marketing person from Quikliner who's not so creative at his job. If you check Jessica4's profile he/she has been here today. Pardeep22 has a quikliner testmonial on his profile. Sketchy indeed...

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I for one will not and shall not use or recommend this product. It could be the best thing since sliced bread, but this type of spamming of a forum really turns me away from products.
By advertising in the forum if you want to show that you support and want the type of folks here to use your product.:bigbossHL::littlefriend:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Al's Liner. You can control the texture. A Mesa4x4 Has a great deal on it now. I plan to do two Jeeps, my pick up and the inside of my Camping trailer with it. I saw a DIY show on it and it looks like great stuff. Britt owns Mesa 4x4 and is great guy to deal with. If you order some from him be sure to tell him Stouttrout Sent you. Unfortunately he knows me well. I buy too many Jeep parts from him :D

http://mesa4x4.com/dynamic/part_details.asp?part_num=AL-5700-X

http://www.alsliner.com

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Just got a new dually long box. I want to keep the paint looking good so I plane on getting a bed liner of some kind. I would prefer a drop in liner over a spray cause you cannot take the spray liner out if you want and also you can never get the painted factory finish back if you have a sprayed liner. What liner would you recommend. I need something very heavy duty cause rocks etc will be dropped on it. Best thing I can find is something like this http://www.qwikliner.com.. :smiley_drive:

Spammers are getting devious..... Do a goog search for the first two sentences of this quote.

Terrainist

Explorer
Sigh, amazing how low people will go for a dollar.

Hmmm, wonder how many key phrases can be put into this post to make any google search regarding qwikliner or bedliners lead directly to this thread. Bet 20 or 30 wouldn't be too hard to come up with.

That could be devestating to this little marketing strategy they have going, not to mention their sales ...he he he....

Last edited:

Terrainist

Explorer
Sniff, sniff. Something else odd, the grammar and the syntax. It's almost like the spammers are in India or China or someplace like that.

What happened to the good old days when you could get spammed from the USA.

.....sorry if this got off topic, don't want to turn this into a different thread.

Last edited:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Just used the "contact us" form on their web page. I suggest others do the same.
Dear jessica4, john29, and eric29 (if that IS your real name) -

I am curious to know which marketing firm you have hired to plaster the Internet with identical posts on every automotive forum that even remotely resembles your target base.

While you are at it, please inform me how much thought you put into the fact that most people out there are intelligent and savvy and understand that when a bunch of unknown people who just arrived together in a close-knit community immediately agree with each other about bed liner (but don't talk about anything else), perhaps something is up.

When I came to your website, I was expecting something cobbled together and amateurish. But now I can see that somebody in your organization actually PAID a semi-legitimate web design company. Maybe if you had spent more money on a reputable and honorable marketing firm and less on Qwikliner Girls, there would be less of this (taken from a quick google search. Or was the search qwik?):

"Ignore the Qwikliner spam. It's probably a $hit product since they have to rely on spamming this board for advertising."
-gminsidernews.com

"That's a spam post, but..... Qwikliner is applied using cartridges at a low pressure. It REALLY has that "gouped on" look and is not as nice ..."
-pickuptrucks.com

"In response to the two spam posts above: QWIK Liner® is a permanently bonded protective barrier between your .... lol, with all the quickliner spam I know what brand I won't use. ..."
-toyotatundraforums.com

"Spray on bedliner, Qwikliner bedliner Introduce Yourself. ... Qwikliner when there's not even a Qwikliner distributor on your continent? I call SPAM . ..."
-jeepforums.com

"Well, that certainly seems like a spam post. Qwikliner uses a cartridge system gun and is applied at very low pressure and at room temperature."
-toyotanation.com

I'm just sayin',
Ben Kaupp

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
they don't actually read, just google search themselves. It's amazing. Someone needs to email their marketing officer and see what a raging backfire hiring these idiots is...

alfio

Adventurer
refloating this thread to see if folks who participated have any long-term reports on their product of choice. thanks!

compactcamping

Explorer
Good timing, I recently wrapped up a six year test of Durabak roll-on bedliner over plywood. The test panel was a piece of 9mm marine grade Okoume plywood positioned horizontally in full sun outside.

final-durabak-panel_zps12c13460-1.jpg

I’m happy to report the Durabak has held up fine with only minor fading. For additional info see Durabak Plywood Test Panel Finish Wrap Up

ottsville

Observer
Thanks for the information. I am also looking DIY bedliner for my vehicle. Would you please suggest me a good one under $50.

You realize you are asking for information a 4+ year old thread?
Maybe google DIY bedliner and ask for opinions of the sub $50 products?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger