do it yourself - scepter gas can spout

ramonortiz55

Adventurer
I needed a scepter gas can spout but didn't want to pay the Amazon premium of $20

Figured I could make my own.

I noticed the threads inside the can spout opening:

Went to the hardware store and picked up a 2 inch male adapter, 2 x 1/2 threaded bushing, a barb fitting and some fuel hose..

Glued the fittings together, threaded the barb fitting using yellow teflon rated for fuel:

Voila:

AaronK

Explorer
Very nice! Need to do something similar for my old GI Jerry

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

SnoViking

Adventurer
Not to hijack the thread but has anyone found a decent replacement rubber gasket for the GI Jerry can lid? The last two I picked up have been junk.

Back to the current thread.... Nice work. Love me some creative frugality.

rayra

Expedition Leader
good solution.
With a little care and a chop or table saw, one could readily remove say 2/3 the height of those couplers and greatly reduce the size / bulk of that device.

takesiteasy

Adventurer
Here's some pics of the one I made. It works well. The internal vent of the MFC alows it to drain pretty fast but I haven't timed it. I used 3/4" i.d. tubing and put a 4" nipple on the end to fit into the filler tube of the truck. I bought caps for each end to protect the threads. I also put a screen inside the tubing for dirt. I got these ideas from a different thread on here from some time back.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/56296-Scepter-MFC-Home-Depot-Spout/page9

IMG_3338.jpg IMG_3337.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998