Do you leave your Awning mounted??

raycie

Recently mounted my ARB awning to my FrontRunner roof rack. For the most part, the truck will only be driven 2-3 times a week (short distances), and awning will be used once a month at most. Also, the truck stays outside, so the zippered cover would get the sun every day...

Mounting the ARB to the FrontRunner was a little PITA as I mounted the mounts to the rack first, then mounted the awning to the mounts.. Not sure now that everything is lined up, if taking the mounts off the FrontRunner would just be easier now...

How many of you just leave your awnings mounted to the vehicle, or do you store away and re-install every time..

Thanks....

geo.greg

Observer
mine in the small one, comes off with two bolts that mount it and a custom made bracket to my roof rack. can have it on in 5 minutes off in 2.
awningout.jpg

brentbba

Explorer
Just got mine mounted about a month ago. Truck sits outside. No plans to take it off. 8 bolts to undo whether I removed the awning from the mounts or the mounts from the truck! PITA so it'll stay put! :)

tacozord

Adventurer
Mine is riveted onto my shell, so it stays on all the time. Works for me anyways, because I don't think I'd want to take it on/off and store it somewhere when not in use.

justrom

Adventurer
Ours is attached to the mounting rails of the rooftop tent. It stays on if the tent is on the truck which is full time during camping season...

mowerman

Adventurer
Mine is on all the time

You can see in the pic it is bolted to the roof rack uprights (fox wing) and I have a 5 litre plastic can cut down and held over the end with a bungee to protect the leading end from branch damage. We do a lot of pushing through undergrowth.

C-Fish

Adventurer
...I have a 5 litre plastic can cut down and held over the end with a bungee to protect the leading end from branch damage. We do a lot of pushing through undergrowth....

Good idea!

Nice bow wave!

To the OP, yes, my Foxwing is with me 24/7. It has only been a few months.
I have no plans to remove.

Last edited:

lugueto

Adventurer
I leave mine one. It sits flush with my roof rack and runs the exact length of the roof, so it doesnt bother anyone.

It is a bit noisy though...

Maxcustody

Explorer
I had mine on for a while, but it wont fit in the garage. No trips scheduled, so it is off and I am back to parking in the garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle

Members online