Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
LightForce 240 Impressions

Theses lights are simply amazing. Wiring with their harness was a breeze although I opted to use the OEM dash switch for a clean look.

I highly recommend these lights! :D

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
My digital camera has been UA since OVX... odd since I rarely misplace gear but it's MIA nonetheless.

When it surfaces I'll do some day and night pics guys, stay tuned.

mr.trd

Adventurer
Which 240's did you get, the XGT HID's or the Blitz non-HID. I am wanting to get the Blitz. I already have the APM from COB Motorsports that I am going to wire them in with but it is great to hear that the Lightforce wiring harness is nice and easy to use also.

Helot

What a fascinating read! I've been researching Sprinters, 4x4 Sportsmobiles, Jeeps, Tacomas, FJCrusiers, Trailers, RTTs etc. The wife and I have discussed the various advantages of each.

Well, I can't wait till she comes home tonight to discuss your labor of love.

Would you be insulted if you saw me southbound on the 5 in an exact mirror of your Tacoma? Just let me know, that way I'll build mine in white ...

Semper Fi! from an old 0311 from Horno (BLT 3/1).

I hope to cross your path one day.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Would you be insulted if you saw me southbound on the 5 in an exact mirror of your Tacoma? Just let me know, that way I'll build mine in white ...

Semper Fi! from an old 0311 from Horno (BLT 3/1).

I hope to cross your path one day.

No insult at all, see you on the trail! :beer:

D

Deleted member 9101

Awesome build!!! One of these years I am going to emulate your build into a full size dodge and take one very long road trip.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Special Thanks to BajaTaco!

I'd like to post up a special thanks to Chris Marzonie for taking time out of his busy schedule to come out to Joshua Tree awhile back and shoot the truck. He has graciously provided me with a cool new avatar pic from the shoot.

And, Chris's photos of the Tacoma just might be featured in the Summer 2010 issue of the Overland Journal! :wings:

I'm pretty stoked! :victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman