Doc's AT FlipPac Build Thread

Aaron Wasson

In the rear with the gear
Doc, did you ever get that Helton installed? Im really curious as to how you set up the coolant plumbing on your Taco.

kayak15

Observer
Doc,

Great truck and thanks for the continued updates on its progress! I am in the market for an AT Flippac for a new Ford Superduty truck. I am debating on whether or not to get side windows or leave them solid like yours. I like the solid idea for looks and security, but the windows would add a level of ventilation I guess. Do you have any problems with a lack on ventilation in your Flippac? Just looking for some general ideas to help in my decision. My flippac will be black in color and I am thinking on going with the solid route over the windows.

Thanks and again, sweet Taco!

Kevin

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
You do NOT need windows for ventilation. The Flippac is extremely "Airy". If you get the sliding front window you can have a lower air source even when "buttoned up". But the six mesh windows and the mesh strip down the middle provide TONS of ventilation. I went windowless and love it.

kayak15

Observer
Thanks JR_Explorer. That makes sense to me. I want to keep it simple and secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
You do NOT need windows for ventilation. The Flippac is extremely "Airy". If you get the sliding front window you can have a lower air source even when "buttoned up". But the six mesh windows and the mesh strip down the middle provide TONS of ventilation. I went windowless and love it.

x2!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Here's a pic from our most recent trip, February 2014 at Saline Valley. The FP is still working great almost 5 years after purchase!

China Gardens

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78