Dodge Ram 3500 QCSB Buildup

bigdieseltruck

Observer
Here are some pics of the wife's "expedition"/mommy mobile. When it comes to eating miles of tarmac in the cheapest manner possible, I can't think of a more spacious, comfortable seat. I am just jealous that she gets to drive it daily (heated seats + electric heater standard in winter = :D ) while I lumber about in my beast.

9098218e.jpg

c1c766a1.jpg

07bbe658.jpg

25873a9b.jpg

-Chris

AZCPP

Adventurer
bigdieseltruck said:
When I was shopping for new trucks, my wife and I liked the Megacabs. The thing was we felt we didn't need the bigger back seat and the longer wheelbase as well. When I found this truck with the 5.9L I had to jump on it. Now we have a baby boy on the way and still feel that a quad cab will serve us for the forseeable future. For road trips we will take her new car (Jetta TDI) since it is currently getting better than 40 mpg hwy.

-Chris

I really don't need the Mega-Cab as we have no kids. I just think it's cool! And, our two dogs think it's just what they needed. hehe

Gregny

Adventurer
Zorro said:
Looking good!
Doesn't the 3500 ride harsh? Heck I didn't even know Dodge made SRW 3500s ...:eek:

They are a stiff ride .....I went with the KORE suspension and what a difference in the ride it lifted the front 2.5" and the rear about an 1". I roll with 35" Toyo Mt's on my stock wheels and I love the set up.....

bigdieseltruck

Observer
AZCPP said:
I really don't need the Mega-Cab as we have no kids. I just think it's cool! And, our two dogs think it's just what they needed. hehe

Definitely the best part of the MegaCab is the back seat. Since I am the only one who drives my truck, it sadly would be something I would never get to enjoy. IMO, nothing looks better than a MegaCab Duallie Laramie in black (the truck I spec'd out at the dealer was ~$50K, though). I believe big trucks like long beds and MegaCabs work much better on/off road out West than in New England. No matter what cab configuration you get, nothing beats a Cummins! :truck:

-Chris

bigdieseltruck

Observer
Gregny said:
They are a stiff ride .....I went with the KORE suspension and what a difference in the ride it lifted the front 2.5" and the rear about an 1". I roll with 35" Toyo Mt's on my stock wheels and I love the set up.....

I am looking at the big four (Carli, KORE, Thuren, Lorenz) of Dodge Ram suspensions to figure which way I want to go. I'm not into the high speed stuff that those CA suspension guys are into, I want something comfortable on the road, something that flexes well when rockcrawling, and still provide good hauling capability. I also don't want to have to use rare and exotic shocks that I couldn't replace while out on the road. I think a system that uses bilstein 5100 or 7100 (with valving that I can replicate easily) would work the best for me.

-Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger